Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:18:02 -0800

Hello,

This draft attempts to address the attribution problem of extension
header insertion. It includes some points as to why IP encapsulation
might not always be a sufficient alternative for extension header
insertion.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 6:13 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib
Revision:       00
Title:          Attribution Option for Extension Header Insertion
Document date:  2019-12-16
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-6man-eh-attrib

Abstract:
   This document defines an IPv6 Hop-by-Hop Option that provides
   attribution for IPv6 extension headers inserted by intermediate nodes
   in the delivery path of a packet. The purpose of this option is
   twofold: first it identifies the extension headers that have been
   inserted, secondly it attributes the inserted extension headers to
   the node responsible for inserting them.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat