Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 00:39:21 -0500

Folks,

This rev addresses Tim Winter's review.

It would seem to me, as co-author, that we're mostly done editing this
document, and that it's ready for chairs' review.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05.txt
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:33:06 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Suresh Krishnan
<[email-masked]>, Richard Draves <[email-masked]>,
Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Revision:	05
Title:		Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
Document date:	2019-12-10
Group:		6man
Pages:		21
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-05

Abstract:
   Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
   addresses using a combination of locally available information and
   information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
   network prefixes with an interface identifier.  This document
   describes an extension that causes nodes to generate global scope
   addresses with randomized interface identifiers that change over
   time.  Changing global scope addresses over time makes it more
   difficult for eavesdroppers and other information collectors to
   identify when different addresses used in different transactions
   actually correspond to the same node.  This document formally
   obsoletes RFC4941.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat