Subject: Revision of slaac-renum (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 10:48:52 -0300

Folks,

We have published a new revision of the 6man-slaac-renum I-D: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07

This revision incorporates the feedback received from Tore Anderson for 
the host-side PIO capping (Section 4.1.2) and also addresses a nit I 
found in the algorithm from Section 4.5.2.

The diff from the last revision is available at: 
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07.txt

As always, your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando & co-authors

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07.txt
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 06:40:28 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Richard Patterson 
<[email-masked]>, Jan Zorz <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum
Revision:	07
Title:		Improving the Robustness of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration 
(SLAAC) to Flash Renumbering Events
Document date:	2020-04-26
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		29
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-07

Abstract:
    In renumbering scenarios where an IPv6 prefix suddenly becomes
    invalid, hosts on the local network will continue using stale
    prefixes for an unacceptably long period of time, thus resulting in
    connectivity problems.  This document improves the reaction of IPv6
    Stateless Address Autoconfiguration to such renumbering scenarios.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat