Subject: 6man - New Meeting Session Request for IETF 108

From: IETF Meeting Session Request Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 10:43:06 -0700

A new meeting session request has just been submitted by Robert M. Hinden, a Chair of the 6man working group.

---------------------------------------------------------
Working Group Name: IPv6 Maintenance
Area Name: Internet Area
Session Requester: Bob Hinden

Number of Sessions: 2
Length of Session(s):  100 Minutes, 50 Minutes
Number of Attendees: 120
Conflicts to Avoid: 
 Chair Conflict: intarea v6ops spring
 Technology Overlap: dnssd
 Key Participant Conflict: homenet tsvwg tsvarea

People who must be present:
  Robert M. Hinden
  Ole Troan
  Erik Kline

Resources Requested:

Special Requests:
  We would prefer to have the first session early in the week and the second session later in the week.
---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 12:29:09 +0200

disclaim: it is to be the first to talk about.

I am not sure which tool will be used (webex?), but I noticed Microsoft 
Teams has a great feature that puts sub-titles live on the screen.  This 
means text that is output presumably by a voice recognition system. 
Works with American English.

It is a great tool for whom English is a foreign language, for those who 
missed some words, for note takers or simply following the meeting in a 
noisy area, or protecting the others from sound.

Alex

Le 08/06/2020 à 19:43, IETF Meeting Session Request Tool a écrit :
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 04:01:40 -0700

Alex:

Hi!  How are you?

The current plan is to use Meetecho during the 108 week — the team is hard
at work to integrate features into the single tool, like IM and queue
management to avoid having to use multiple.

Sub-titles is a great idea, but something that I hadn’t heard before and
wasn’t included in the last survey we did related to features for the
virtual meetings.  I don’t think Meetecho supports it, but I’ll take it
back to the IESG for future consideration.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On June 9, 2020 at 6:29:37 AM, Alexandre Petrescu (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Alex

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 22:09:57 +0200

Hi Alvaro,

I am doing fine, thank  you :-)  As all sapiens I go through this
sanitary situation, hoping for the best.

Tools for virtual meetings is what helps me a lot for the day job.

Le 09/06/2020 à 13:01, Alvaro Retana a écrit :
> Alex:
> 
> Hi!  How are you?
> 
> The current plan is to use Meetecho during the 108 week — the team is
> hard at work to integrate features into the single tool, like IM and
> queue management to avoid having to use multiple.

Well that's great.

I would like to ask, if possible, it would be a great idea to have
IPv6-only access high on the todo list of meetecho?  Or is it there already?

That would be probably, for me, a strong incentive to try meetecho
instead of other tools.

Virtual queue management is a great thing for the IETFer habits, and I
agree with it.  But in many other virtual meetings I participate people
also do some other forms of such queue management: virtual hand raising,
virtual floor request, etc.

The number of participants in my day job virtual meetings is smaller
than what I saw at the March IETF Plenary on webex (50 vs 270).  I dont
know how Teams, gotomeetings and Skype Enterprise wold scale up to 270.
  I guess meetecho would, but webex scaled too.

The tools I am used in my daily work are: webex, gotomeeting, Microsoft
Teams, Skype for Enterprise and Zoom.  I learned the GUI by practicing
them daily.  I take less and less time to set it up prior to the
meeting;  I am almost sure - with these tools - that I do not disturb
the others; I know where is the mute button, I know which has background
blur, which resists to VPN up/down events, which supports smooth hand
over of bluetooth headset, which one amplifies the sound and how, which
encodes ok video and sound on my home line to the Internet.

For meetecho, I will  probably need to practice it before the IETF
meeting.  If there was IPv6 into it, then I might have an additional
incentive to do so.  But otherwise, hm.

> Sub-titles is a great idea, but something that I hadn’t heard before
>  and wasn’t included in the last survey we did related to features 
> for the virtual meetings.

Probably Teams did not have the sub-titles at the time of the survey,
because it's very new.

You probably also heard some IBM dropout these days from the image
recognition activities.

Is the meettecho dev strategy adapted to this eco-system?

> I don’t think Meetecho supports it, but I’ll take it back to the IESG
> for future consideration.

Yes, great, along with IPv6 if possible and if not already in, thank you.

And, I hope, the meetecho users will not be forced to stop their webcam
because of fictitious tool-related computation power issues :-)  The
video feed disturbing the audio feed because of bandwidth is a false
problem.  We saw that.  Zoom demonstrated it to the world.

Alex

> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Alvaro.
> 
> On June 9, 2020 at 6:29:37 AM, Alexandre Petrescu 
> ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>)
>  wrote:
> 
>> I am not sure which tool will be used (webex?), but I noticed 
>> Microsoft Teams has a great feature that puts sub-titles live on 
>> the screen. This means text that is output presumably by a voice 
>> recognition system. Works with American English.
>> 
>> It is a great tool for whom English is a foreign language, for 
>> those who missed some words, for note takers or simply following 
>> the meeting in a noisy area, or protecting the others from sound.
>> 
>> Alex

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:19:21 -0500

On June 10, 2020 at 4:09:59 PM, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

Alex:

Hi!

...
> IPv6-only access high on the todo list of meetecho? Or is it there already?

Yes, Meetecho already supports IPv6.

...
> incentive to do so. But otherwise, hm.

There will be some scheduled practice/training sessions before 108 --
most likely announced on the IETF list.

> Is the meettecho dev strategy adapted to this eco-system?

I believe the IETF is one of their main customers/users -- the
Meetecho team has been working closely to address the IETF needs so
far.  However, I don't know the details of their strategy beyond 108.

Alvaro.

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:56:26 +0200

> Yes, Meetecho already supports IPv6.

I am willing to try it now or in the next weeks.

Because of the sanitary situation I work mostly from home, and it is at 
home that I can easily set up an IPv6-only network.  Soon I go back to 
office desk and there is some more difficulty to have an IPv6-only setting.

Is there a test URL for meetecho on IPv6, like there is always an Echo 
port in /etc/services?

Alex

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 13:17:19 -0700

No, there isn’t a way to test…yet.

On June 12, 2020 at 4:56:27 AM, Alexandre Petrescu (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Alex