Subject: About the upper layer header processing in RFC8754(SRH)

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:17:50 +0800

Hi, Folks:

RFC8754(SRH) section
4.3.1.2(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8754#section-4.3.1.2) describes the
process of upper layer header as the followings:

IF (Upper-layer Header is IPv4 or IPv6) and

       local configuration permits {

     Perform IPv6 decapsulation

     Resubmit the decapsulated packet to the IPv4 or IPv6 module

   }

   ELSE {

   ..

}

And in network programming draft section
9.1(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-pro
gramming-15#section-9.1), one new Ethernet Next Header Type(143) is
proposed.

Although the detail process of this new next header are described in the
network program draft,  does it need to update the section 4.3.1.2 of
RFC8754 to reflect the process of new header type(143)? 

Best Regards

Aijun Wang

China Telecom