Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 12:30:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Temporary Address Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Thomas Narten
                          Richard Draves
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension that causes nodes to generate
   global scope addresses with randomized interface identifiers that
   change over time.  Changing global scope addresses over time limits
   the window of time during which eavesdroppers and other information
   collectors may trivially perform address-based network activity
   correlation when the same address is employed for multiple
   transactions by the same node.  Additionally, it reduces the window
   of exposure of a node via an address that becomes revealed as a
   result of active communication.  This document obsoletes RFC4941.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/