Subject: FW: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01.txt

From: "Templin (US), Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:07:23 +0000

Hello, see below for a new draft seeking a single IPv6 ND option type number
assignment. The new option type (termed the "OMNI option") acts as a container
for sub-options to allow for future expansion without consuming additional IPv6
ND option type values. Please post comments to the list(s).

Fred Templin

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 1:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Overlay Multilink Network Interface (OMNI) Option
        Authors         : Fred L. Templin
                          Tony Whyman
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-10-12

Abstract:
   This document defines a new IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) option
   termed the "Overlay Multilink Network Interface (OMNI) Option".  The
   OMNI option may appear in any IPv6 ND message type; it is processed
   by interface types that recognize the option and ignored by all other
   interface types.  The option supports functions such as prefix
   registration and multilink coordination, and is extensible to support
   additional functions in the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-omni-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-6man-omni-option-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt