Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 12:14:48 -0800

Hello,

I have posted draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00. This renames
draft-herbert-6man-eh-limits-00 to be a WG draft and includes some
clarifications and edits.

Tom

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 12:11 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits
Revision:       00
Title:          Limits on Sending and Processing IPv6 Extension Headers
Document date:  2022-01-31
Group:          6man
Pages:          19
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits/
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits

Abstract:
   This specification defines various limits that may be applied to
   receiving, sending, and otherwise processing packets that contain
   IPv6 extension headers.  The need for such limits is pragmatic to
   facilitate interoperability amongst hosts and routers in the presence
   of extension headers and thereby increasing the feasibility of
   deployment of extension headers.  The limits described here establish
   the minimum baseline of support for use of extension headers in the
   Internet.  If it is known that all communicating parties for a
   particular commumication, including end hosts and any intermediate
   nodes in the path, are capable of supporting more than the baseline
   then these default limits may be freely exceeded.

The IETF Secretariat