Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12.txt> (IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:37:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document: - 'IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option'
  <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-10. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new IPv6 Hop-by-Hop option that is used to
   record the minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source
   host to a destination host.  The recorded value can then be
   communicated back to the source using the return Path MTU field in
   the option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4567/