Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:30:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option
        Authors         : Robert M. Hinden
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2022-02-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new IPv6 Hop-by-Hop option that is used to
   record the minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source
   host to a destination host.  The recorded value can then be
   communicated back to the source using the return Path MTU field in
   the option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:33:57 -0800

Gorry and I submitted a new version of <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option> to resolve issues raised in directorate reviews.  The change log is:

  *  Area Directorate Reviews:
      -  SECDIR Review: Fixed "nit".
      -  TSVART Review: Restructured Section 6 including making
         Transport Behavior more prominent, added text about ICMPv6 to
         Section 6.3.1, moved the text about prior work in RFC1063 to
         Section 2.
      -  GENART Review: Added text to Section 1 that this option was
         designed to work with packet sizes that can be specified in the
         IPv6 Header.
   *  Editorial Changes.

Bob & Gorry

> On Feb 28, 2022, at 12:30 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------