Subject: Revised NABTS draft

From: Dan Zigmond <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:40:58 -0800

I'm attaching a revised version of our Internet-Draft on NABTS.  My goal is
to send this to the IETF to replace our existing draft on Friday (the
deadline for new Internet-Drafts prior to next month's meeting).  It
incorporates some editorial changes to make the draft more clear, on the
advice of Thomas Narten, our Area Director.  It doesn't have all the
formatting of a real internet-Draft (like page numbers) yet, because that's
hard to do and Ruston saves it for the end.  But I wanted to give others on
the list a chance to read it before we make it public, since this will
likely be the final draft that goes to the IETF for last-call.  Please send
an email to the list if you find any last-minute problems.

One issue that was brought to my attention yesterday is that a third party
who tried to implement our spec feels there may be an error in our
description of the FEC algorithm.  I'm trying to track this down now, and
will let everyone know when I have more details.  It may be nothing; one
person's inability to implement the algorithm doesn't necessarily mean we
have an error in the draft.  But, of course, it could mean that, so I've
asked Ruston and Trevor (who wrote the FEC appendix) to look at this
carefully.

Thanks to all of you who've been participating in this process for your time
and patience, and thanks especially to Thomas for his careful reading and
Ruston for making yet another edit.

	Dan

 <<ip_vbi feb 23.txt>> 

---------------------------------------------------
Dan Zigmond
Senior Manager, Interactive Television Technology
WebTV Networks, Inc.
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------