Subject: Computer OEM Online Newsletter

From: Computer OEM Online <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

============================================================
Computer OEM Online Newsletter
Volume 2   Issue 47
Tuesday, September 14, 1999
============================================================

******** NATIONAL SPONSOR ********

The 9.99% fixed Bank One Platinum Business Card Visa. No annual fee and up
to $25,000 line of credit. Track expenses, simplify tax reporting, and
streamline your finances. Apply online by visiting:
http://app1.firstusa.com/card.cfm/XPL6UBC13/6B3Z

******** Computer OEM Online’s Weekly Selection : *********

System Validation and Verification by Jeffrey Grady
Historically, the terms validation and verification have been very loosely
defined in the system engineering world, with predictable confusion.
Our Price: $69.95!  To read more and purchase this book, visit:
http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990914/11143

****** FEATURED ARTICLES selected by Alex Mendelsohn ******

1) Cooling for Memory Modules
2) Micro Dynamics Forms Manufacturing Alliance with Sparton
3) SigmaTel Counter Sues Cirrus Logic for Patent Infringement

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Cooling for Memory Modules
Chip-scale packaging poses new challenges for high-speed circuit design.
Getting rid of excess heat looms as a major design constraint. Here are some
techniques that can help and some suggestions on what to look for when
selecting thermal interface materials. -- By Chris Chapman, Aavid Thermal Products

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990913/10984

2) Micro Dynamics Forms Manufacturing Alliance with Sparton
Two electronic manufacturing service (EMS) providers have linked resources to
develop joint business opportunities for the U.S. and International markets.
Micro Dynamics Corp. (MDC) of Eden Prairie, MN and Sparton Corp. of Jackson, MI
have agreed to terms, forming a new customer-focused business alliance. The
partnering of the two companies creates a strong design, manufacturing and
marketing team, which utilizes the strengths of each company in providing EMS
services to regional Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990913/10987

3) SigmaTel Counter Sues Cirrus Logic for Patent Infringement
SigmaTel, an Austin based supplier of solutions for multimedia/audio, wireless
and advanced communications technology, announced that they will file a counter
lawsuit in response to Cirrus Logic's allegations of patent infringement.

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990913/10989

******** EDITOR'S CHOICE PRODUCTS ********

1) A/D Converter Cards
2) USB Protection Chip
3) AlGalnP LEDs

------------------------------------------------------------

1) A/D Converter Cards
Models PCI-AI12-16 and –16A analog input cards for PCIbus computers feature 16
single-ended or eight differential analog inputs. Both cards accept a mixture
of voltage and current inputs. -- ACCES I/O Products Inc., San Diego, CA

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990913/10993

2) USB Protection Chip
The Type MAX893L chip, a pin-for-pin upgrade to vendor's popular MAX890L, acts
as a current-limited power switch for Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports. This
low-impedance 7O milliohm switch, operable from 2.7 V to 5.5 V sources, can
prevent a system from shutting down due to an overcurrent or short-circuit
condition at a USB port. -- Maxim Integrated Products, Sunnyvale, CA

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990913/10995

3) AlGalnP LEDs
Through-hole aluminum, indium, gallium and phosphate (AlGaInP) LEDs deliver 10
to 15 times more light than conventional through-hole LEDs, according to the
manufacturer. -- Stanley Electric Sales of America, Inc., Irvine, CA

http://www2.computeroemonline.com/read/nl19990914/11111

******** ADVERTISEMENT ********

The award winning My Lycos is the fast and easy-to-use start page -
providing you with personalized news, weather, stock quotes, horoscopes,
weather, sports scores and more.  Try it now - http://my.lycos.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy reading Computer OEM Online's Newsletter, please tell a
friend or colleague about it.  Anyone can sign up for a free
subscription on our Web site at http://www.computeroemonline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If your company wishes to sponsor this newsletter, please
contact Sherylen Yoak at mailto:[email-masked] to learn more.

==========================================================

If you wish to unsubscribe, please go to the following web page:
http://www2.computeroemonline.com/content/newsletter/unsubscribe.asp

==========================================================
The Computer OEM Online Homepage: http://www.computeroemonline.com

(c) Copyright 1999 VerticalNet, Inc. All rights reserved. All
product names contained herein are the trademarks of their
respective holders.