Subject: [ire] rdeDomain-1.0.xsd in objects-mapping-03 doc

From: John Keating <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:56:07 -0400

The domain xsd is different from the other types (registrar, contact, host,
etc).

All of the xsd files for the other types start their definition like this
contact example:

   <annotation>
     <documentation>
       Registry Data Escrow contact provisioning schema
     </documentation>
   </annotation>

   <element name="abstractContact" type="rdeContact:abstractContentType"
     substitutionGroup="rde:content" abstract="true"/>
   <element name="contact"
     substitutionGroup="rdeContact:abstractContact"/>
   <element name="delete" type="rdeContact:deleteType"
     substitutionGroup="rde:delete"/>

However, the domain xsd starts its definition like this, with no
substitutionGroup for the abstractDomain:

   <annotation>
     <documentation>
       Registry Data Escrow Domain provisioning schema
     </documentation>
   </annotation>

   <element name="abstractDomain" type="rdeDomain:abstractContentType"/>
   <element name="domain" substitutionGroup="rdeDomain:abstractDomain"/>
   <element name="delete" type="rdeDomain:deleteType"
     substitutionGroup="rde:delete"/>

This gives a validation error for the first <rde:Dom:domain> in the file:

cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'rdeDom:domain'. One of '{"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:rde-1.0":content}' is
expected.

If I change the domain xsd so that it looks like all of the other types:

<element name="abstractDomain" type="rdeDomain:abstractContentType"/>

becoming:

<element name="abstractDomain" type="rdeDomain:abstractContentType"
  substitutionGroup="rde:content" abstract="true"/>

Then the xml output (which matches the examples) passes validation.

Has anyone else run into this?

---

From: John Keating <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:57:30 -0400

An error in my post:

"This gives a validation error for the first <rde:Dom:domain> in the file:"

Our xml does NOT contain the tag:  <rde:Dom:domain>; it's <rdeDom:domain>
as it should be.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM, John Keating <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The domain xsd is different from the other types (registrar, contact,
> host, etc).
>

---

From: John Keating <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:24:54 -0400

Turns out the domain xsd is not different from the others.  My bad.  Can we
please delete this thread?