Subject: [ire] XML rgpStatus definition

From: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:50:15 +0200

Hi,

If i read rfc3915 (the EPP Grace Period Mapping) RGP state diagram
correctly then a domain can only ever be in one gracePeriod.

In https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping-05
, however, specifies it as

             <element name="status"
               type="domain:statusType" maxOccurs="11"/>
             <element name="rgpStatus"
               type="rgp:statusType" minOccurs="0"
               maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

Where RFC3915 defines rgp:statusType as

     <complexType name="statusType">
       <simpleContent>
         <extension base="normalizedString">
           <attribute name="s" type="rgp:statusValueType"
            use="required"/>
           <attribute name="lang" type="language" default="en"/>
         </extension>
       </simpleContent>
     </complexType>

     <simpleType name="statusValueType">
       <restriction base="token">
         <enumeration value="addPeriod"/>
         <enumeration value="autoRenewPeriod"/>
         <enumeration value="renewPeriod"/>
         <enumeration value="transferPeriod"/>
         <enumeration value="pendingDelete"/>
         <enumeration value="pendingRestore"/>
         <enumeration value="redemptionPeriod"/>
       </restriction>
     </simpleType>

1) Why is the rde:rgpStatus not a single element? Maybe for later
extensions? Or is that just a copy'n pasto from the normal object's
status? Just curious about this one..

2) Some poor guy from donuts rightfully noted that the lack of a
gracePeriod's endDate in the escrow-data is inconvenient.
What about officially adding something like e.g.:

      <rdeDomain:rgpStatus s="addPeriod">
        <!--<rdeDomain:rgpEndDate>2015-04-20T08:41:22.174588Z</rdeDomain:rgpEndDate>-->
      </rdeDomain:rgpStatus>

thanks,

---

From: Michael Bauland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:58:02 +0200

Hi Bernhard,

> correctly then a domain can only ever be in one gracePeriod.

I think the diagram is just for the redemption grace period, i.e., the
one after domain deletion.

I see no restriction saying that, e.g., add grace (addPeriod) and renew
grace (renewPeriod) cannot occur at the same time. If you create a
domain and directly afterwards manually renew it, then the domain is in
add grace as well as renew grace and the registrar gets both fees
refunded upon deletion.

Cheers,

Michael

---

From: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:08:23 +0200

> add grace as well as renew grace and the registrar gets both fees

Ok, i see, this is covered by the registry operational policy then.

So what do you think about the rgp endDate in the escrow data?

thanks,