Subject: [Isis-wg] New Internet-Draft

From: "Amir H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:14:43 -0000

Members and Chairpersons of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group,

My name is Amir Hermelin, and I would like to submit this draft to the list
for review. Please take a moment to examine it, and reply with your
thoughts. Editorial comments should be sent to me, please. General comments
to the list.

Thanks,

Amir Hermelin   mailto:[email-masked]
Charlotte's Networks LTD.   http://www.cwnt.com

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism to allow a system to originate
   more than 256 LSP fragments, a limit set by the original Intermediate
   System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Routing protocol, as described
   in ISO 10589.  This mechanism can be used in IP-only, OSI-only, and
   dual routers.

   The document describes behaviors that are backwards compatible with
   implementations that do not support this feature.  These behaviors
   are specified in a way that allows previous implementations to
   correctly process the extended fragment information.