Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] help needed

From: Ben Abarbanel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:13:07 -0400

Vamsi:
  A level 1 router will flood to all its neighbors except the originating
Level 1
router its L1 LSP. A Level 2 router will do the same. Thus B must speak both
Level 1 and Level 2 to flood IS(A) LSP-Level-1 to IS(C) and vice versa. You
should assume,that Level 1 routers will reach all Level 1 routers in the
cloud if there is Level 1 reachability. Same goes with Level 2. 
The other way to get Level-1 routes to Level-2 routers is to Leak the routes
inside the LSP to the other Level and hence flood them inside the other
Level-n LSP.

I hope this helped more than confused you.

Regards,
Ben
-----Original Message-----
From: Vamsi K [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 5:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Isis-wg] help needed

  Hi ,
      I need small clarification regarding the IS-IS routing protocol
functinalities.

Here i have small set up

            | L2
IS(A)|<-------------------->|L1IS(B)|<-------------------------->|L2IS(C)|

In the above configuration whether the L2IS A exchanges the L2 link state
PDUs with L2IS at C.
Assumption there is no direct link between these two.

The Intermediate Systems both  A and C act as L1 and as well as L2.

Here my doubt is whether L2 PDUS can be traversed through L1IS B to reach
the L2IS C.

Could anybody can help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards
vamsi.P

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg