Subject: [Isis-wg] downstream paths?

From: "Sivakumar A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:57:39 +0530

Hi all,

a)What is downsteam path? 

b) In clause 7.2.6.4 of ISO/IEC 10589 : 1992 (E)

If an IS is a L1 intermediate system which supports all four metrics, and additionally computes downstream paths, it would execute the algorith 4 * (number of neighbours +1) times. Can any one clarify this??

thanks and regards

Sivakumar
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:38:58 -0400

> a)What is downsteam path? 

Something closer to the "ocean" - a nearby L2 router with a better
sense of direction.  Take a look at section 7.2.6.2 

7.2.6.2 A system executes the SPF algorithm to find a set of legal 
paths to a destination system in the routeing domain. The set may consist of

a)	a single path of minimum metric sum: these are termed minimum cost
paths;

b)	a set of paths of equal minimum metric sum: these are termed equal
minimum cost paths; or

c)	a set of paths which will get a PDU closer to its destination than 
	the local system: these are called downstream paths.

- jeff parker
- axiowave networks
- A child of five could understand this.  Fetch me a child of five.