Subject: [Isis-wg] help needed

From: "Vamsi K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:27:10 +0530

Hi ,
      I need small clarification regarding the IS-IS routing protocol
functinalities.

Here i have small set up

            | L2
IS(A)|<-------------------->|L1IS(B)|<-------------------------->|L2IS(C)|

In the above configuration whether the L2IS A exchanges the L2 link state
PDUs with L2IS at C.
Assumption there is no direct link between these two.

The Intermediate Systems both  A and C act as L1 and as well as L2.

Here my doubt is whether L2 PDUS can be traversed through L1IS B to reach
the L2IS C.

Could anybody can help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards
vamsi.P

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Micah Bartell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:47:16 -0500

Assuming that RTRB is an L1 Only IS, no, it will not act as a transit for 
L2 LSPs.  L2 IS's must be contiguous.
This is because the ADJ between RTRA and RTRB would be L1 only, and so RTRA 
would not flood an L2 LSP over and L1 Only ADJ.  Same goes for the RTRB and 
RTRC ADJ.

/mpb