Subject: [Isis-wg] Other than 6 octet ID ?

From: David Hudek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:00:36 -0700

Hi all,

As I understand it, the ISIS specification allows the ID field 
of a NET to vary from between 1 to 8 octets, with the constraint 
that everyone within a routing domain must use the same ID size.

Is anyone anywhere actually using an ID size other than 6 octets?
Would it be correct to say that as a practical matter the
ID is fixed at 6 octets?  Or are alternate ID sizes commonly
deployed in real networks?

adTHANKSvance,
dave h
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:49:44 +0100

At 20:00 10/06/2001 -0700, David Hudek wrote:
>ID is fixed at 6 octets?

I believe that is the case, unless someone can prove me wrong.

         Mike

>   Or are alternate ID sizes commonly