Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Summary Address

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:54:49 -0400

> 1) Whether the configured summary address will go as IP 
> internal or external reachability information in the generated LSP's?
>
> 2) If some redistributed routes fall under the summary route 
> (redistributed routes will be sent as IP external 
> reachability information) and if some level 1 routes also
> fall under the same summary route (level 1 to level 2 which 
> should go as IP internal reachability information)
> then how should we advertise that summary route?
> 
> Please clarify my doubts.
> thanks in advance,
> Purush

As to point 2, if you have an internal route to a destination,
there is no need to advertise an external route.  Even if you
did, no one would use it until you withdrew the InternalReach 
route.  

As to point 1, I would assume that routes preserve 'type',
but I can't cite chapter and verse to defend this.  

- jeff parker
- axiowave networks

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:32:40 -0700 (PDT)

> but I can't cite chapter and verse to defend this.  

  Would be nice if you do this, but only for administrative
 purposes, like debugging. No need to bother if all you care
 about is preventing routing loops and interoperability.

  Come to think of it, the subject of summaries might become
 a little more tricky once you have to deal with L2->L1 leaked
 routes.

     henk.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg