Subject: [Isis-wg] IS-IS on IP v4

From: "Sachidananda K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:41:21 +0000

Sir,
Thanks a lot for having clarified my doubt related to encapsulation.

I have another question related to the IS-IS for IP V4. I had read through 
the RFC 1195 which defines TLVs for incorporating IP specific information 
into IS-IS PDUs.

My Question:

Do we exceute the SPF algorithm separately for OSI and IP. I understand that 
different forwarding database are maintained for IP and OSI reoutes. Like 
wise, do we also have different adjacency database for OSI and IP or is it 
one and the same for the 2 protocols. I don't know as to whether it is 
implementation specific aspect and the implementer is free to implement 
either way.
Is there any standard rule for this. if so, could you please let me know 
about the same.
I shall be obliged to get any response on this regards.

Thanking you in advance for all the early replies that I get.
Sachi

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg