Subject: [Isis-wg] Multiple CSNPs problem

From: "Sivakumar A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:39:59 +0530

Hello all,

Kindly clarify the following :

In a broadcast circuit consider 2 Intermediate Systems having the same contents in their respective LSP databases. At every CSNP interval each needs to transmit CSNP with the set of LSPs in its database. Considering the number of LSPs in the database, there may be more than one CSNP required to be transmitted. If the number of LSPs in the database is more then more than one CSNP is required to be transmitted. In this case first CSNP contains only a portion of the LSPs in its database. If this CSNP is received by other Intermediate system, it sets the SRM flags for the LSPs which are not listed in the CSNP received. Kindly clarify this.

Thanks and regards

Sivakumar A

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at  http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM and Audio-Books from http://www.planetmonline.com

---

From: "Ken Larmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:33:12 -0400

Hi Sivakumar,

    Each CSNP contains a Start and End LSP range. If a received CSNP does
not contain a LSP entry within the given range (non-referenced LSP), the
receiving IS should set the SRMflag and clear the SSNflag. When
minimumBroadcastLSPTransmissionInterval (33 milliseconds) expires, scan the
LSP database looking for LSPs with the SRMflag set. Once one is found,
transmit the LSP on the appropriate circuit. The next scan of the LSP
database commences once minimumBroadcastLSPTransmissionInterval expires
again and should continue from the last LSP transmitted.

    When a second CSNP for the same level is received, this CSNP will also
contain a Start and End LSP range. Repeat the steps above until all LSP
entries have been processed. Hope this helps???

Cheers,
Ken Larmer

 -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sivakumar A
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 6:10 AM
To: workgroup
Subject: [Isis-wg] Multiple CSNPs problem

  Hello all,

  In a broadcast circuit consider 2 Intermediate Systems having the same
contents in their respective LSP databases. At every CSNP interval each
needs to transmit CSNP with the set of LSPs in its database. Considering the
number of LSPs in the database, there may be more than one CSNP required to
be transmitted. If the number of LSPs in the database is more then more than
one CSNP is required to be transmitted. In this case first CSNP contains
only a portion of the LSPs in its database. If this CSNP is received by
other Intermediate system, it sets the SRM flags for the LSPs which are not
listed in the CSNP received. Kindly clarify this.

  Thanks and regards

  Sivakumar A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
http://email.indiatimes.com
  Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM and Audio-Books from http://www.planetmonline.com