Subject: [Isis-wg] Document Action: Three-Way Handshake for IS-IS Point-to-Point Adjacencies to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:27:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Three-Way Handshake for
 IS-IS Point-to-Point Adjacencies' <draft-ietf-isis-3way-06.txt> as 
 an Informational RFC. This document is the product of the IS-IS for 
 IP Internets Working Group. 
 The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

 Technical Summary
   
   The document introduces a backward-compatible extension to
   the IS-IS routing protocol that ensures two-way connectivity
   on point-to-point links through a three-way handshaking
   mechanism. The document also extends the protocol to support
   more than 256 point-to-point links per router.
   
 Working Group Summary
   
   There was support for this document in the WG. All comments
   brought up during the WG Last Call have been addressed.

 Protocol Quality
   
   Alex Zinin has reviewed the specification for the IESG.
   The mechanisms described in the document have been implemented
   by multiple router vendors and have been widely deployed
   in the Internet.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg