Subject: [Isis-wg] ISIS MIB: Circuit & Level Table

From: "Ramalingam, Swaminathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:43:42 -0400

Hi Jeff,

Following are the doubts i encounter when i gone through ISIS MIB Ver 8

1. isisCircLocalID, as specified in Overview, is not moved to ISIS circuit
Level table which is still in the Circuit table. I understand it has to be
moved.

2. If Local Ckt ID is level specific (isisCircLocalID), PTP ckt ID
(isisCircPtToPtCircID) will be level specific, which is still in Circuit
Table.

3. Hello Timer in Circuit Level Table Description reads like:
 	"Maximum period, in milliseconds, between IIH PDUs on multiaccess
networks at this level for LANs.
The value at level 1 is used as the period between Hellos on point to point
circuits. Setting this value
at level 2 on a point to point circuit will result in an error of
InconsistentValue"
  But if the system is L2 Only, it is more appropriate to get from L2. I
suggest description can be changed as , when the level is L1L2, then setting
at L2 may result in              Inconsistent Value.
Thanks,
Swami

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:03:13 -0400

> Following are the doubts i encounter when i gone through ISIS 

I am sending you the current version 9 by private mail.

> (isisCircPtToPtCircID) will be level specific, which is still 

I have deleted isisCircPtToPtCircID and resurected isisCircLevelLocalID

> at L2 may result in              Inconsistent Value.

Handling levels in P2P is a torment.  I have considered adding
a circuit specific timer to avoid this.  I suspect you are right,
as this would force the creation of a circ level at the wrong
level.  New text reads

"Maximum period, in milliseconds, between IIH PDUs
 on multiaccess networks at this level for LANs.
 The value at level 1 is used as the period between
 Hellos on L1L2 point to point circuits.  Setting 
 this value at level 2 on an L1L2 point to point 
 circuit will result in an error of InconsistentValue.

 This object follows the resettingTimer behavior."

- jeff parker