Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 07:40:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Restart signaling for ISIS
	Author(s)	: M. Shand
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 24-May-02
	
The IS-IS routing protocol (RFC 1142 [2], ISO/IEC 10589 [3]) is a 
link state intra-domain routing protocol. Normally, when an IS-IS 
router is re-started, the neighboring routers detect the restart 
event and cycle their adjacencies with the restarting router through 
the down state. This is necessary in order to invoke the protocol 
mechanisms to ensure correct re-synchronization of the LSP database. 
However, the cycling of the adjacency state causes the neighbors to 
regenerate their LSPs describing the adjacency concerned. This in 
turn causes temporary disruption of routes passing through the 
restarting router. 
In certain scenarios such temporary disruption of the routes is 
highly undesirable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.