Subject: [Isis-wg] Unknown Version/ Protocol ID Extension

From: "Chan, Chung Ming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:56:17 -1000

Hi,
	I'm running a test on how an ISIS implementation handles different
kinds of encoding errors.

	One of such errors is unknown version number.

Since the current Version/Protocol ID Extension and Version fields in the
ISIS PDU fixed headers are set to one (1), 
so if an ISIS implementation receive a PDU with different values, how should
the receiving ISIS router handle the PDU?

Should it just ignores/discards the PDU or act on the PDU if somehow it can
decode *some*/*most* of the information out?

I've two implementations in the lab ignore/discard the PDU and one response
to the received PDU.

Please, advise!

Thanks,

C. Ming Chan

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg