Subject: [Isis-wg] isisCircTable of ISIS MIB --- IP address

From: "Jonnala, Nagi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 03:10:01 -0400

Jeff,

isisCircTable currently doesn't have any distinguished entity
apart from circuitIndex, a integer value.

Hence, it might be difficult to Network Admin. guy to comprehend 
a isisCircEntry. I believe He might be able to understand well 
if we can give some sort of more meaningful than a mere index number.

Don't you think it would be nice if we can have "IP address" 
field which could be "read-only" access?

Thanks
Nagi.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:59:25 -0400

> field which could be "read-only" access?

Nagi -
	I'm prepared to be educated on this one.

	My problem with duplication of information is that when
you store something twice, you introduce the problem of data
consistency.  Assume the interface has multiple IP addresses.
Which do I report?  

	I have a hard time imagining a Network Admin guy that 
doesn't understand ifIndex, or a CLI/MIB viewer/Web browser
that isn't smart enough to link ISIS circuits to the underlying
information in MIB II.  

- jeff parker