Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-traffic-04.txt

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:07:39 -0500

Hi Tony L.,

Besides I guess there is a problem with section 5. It says 
"  If a prefix is advertised with a metric larger then MAX_PATH_METRIC
   (0xFE000000, see paragraph 4.0), this prefix should not be considered
   during the normal SPF computation."

I do understand IP reachability is treated as hosts(stubs) during the
routing table calculation, however if the path metric is close to
MAX_PATH_METRIC and the metric for the link is greater than (2^24 - 1) it
will overflow. I think the statement should be "larger than or equal to
MAX_LINK_METRIC" which could be defined as (2^24 - 1). 

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Manral, Vishwas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:12 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-traffic-04.txt

Hi Tony L.,

Wouldn't the MaxPath metric be (2^32 -1) - (2^24 -2) = (2^32 - 2^24 + 1), As
the maximum link metric that would be considered for SPF is (2^24 - 2) and
not (2^32 - 2^25)?

Thanks,
Vishwas
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg