Subject: [Isis-wg] Document Action: 'IS-IS Extensions in Support of Generalized MPLS' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:54:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IS-IS Extensions in Support of Generalized MPLS '
   <draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-19.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies additional IS-IS link attributes required to 
 support GMPLS.  
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The document has been extensively discussed in and reviewed by the WG.
 The WG had consensus on progressing the spec.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

RFC Editor Note:

Section 5. "Security Considerations"

OLD:

   This document specifies the contents of GMPLS TE TLVs in ISIS.  As
   these TLVs are not used for SPF computation or normal routing, the
   extensions specified here have no direct effect on IP routing.
   Tampering with GMPLS TE TLVs may have an effect on the underlying
   transport (optical and/or SONET-SDH) network.  Mechanisms to secure
   ISIS Link State PDUs and/or the TE TLVs can be used to secure the
   GMPLS TE TLVs as well.

NEW:

5. Security Considerations

   This document specifies the contents of GMPLS TE TLVs in ISIS.  As
   these TLVs are not used for SPF computation or normal routing, the
   extensions specified here have no direct effect on IP routing.
   Tampering with GMPLS TE TLVs may have an effect on the underlying
   transport (optical and/or SONET-SDH) network.  Mechanisms to secure
   ISIS Link State PDUs and/or the TE TLVs [ISIS-HMAC] can be used to
   secure the GMPLS TE TLVs as well.

Section "Normative References"

ADD:

[ISIS-HMAC] Li, T., and R. Atkinson, "Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication", RFC 3567, July 2003.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg