Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Extensions in Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Extensions in 
   Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) '
   <draft-ietf-isis-rfc4205bis-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-rfc4205bis-00.txt

Technical Summary

    This document specifies encoding of extensions to the IS-IS routing
    protocol in support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
    (GMPLS).

Working Group Summary

   This is part of a series of seven IS-IS documents that were
   originally published as informational for historic reasons, that
   are being upgraded to proposed standard. There is broad consensus
   in the WG for this upgrade. 

Document Quality

   The extensions descrived in this document have been carefully 
   reviewed (including by CCAMP). I am not sure about deployment.

Personnel

   Chris Hopps and Dave Ward have been jointly shepherding this 
   series of seven documents. Ross Callon is the responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

   Please add a new paragraph at the end of the existing section 
   5 (security considerations):

     For a discussion of general security considerations for 
     IS-IS see [RFC3567bis].

   All references to [ISIS-3way], which are in fact references 
   to RFC3373, should be changed to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-rfc3373bis]. 

   All references to [ISIS-RESTART], which are in fact references 
   to RFC3847, should be changed to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-rfc3847bis]. 
   
   All references to [ISIS-TE], which are in fact references 
   to RFC3784, should be changed to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-te-bis]. 

   All references to [ISIS-HMAC], which are in fact references 
   to RFC3567, should be changed to instead reference
   [draft-ietf-isis-rfc3567bis].

   The entry "Updates: 3784bis" in the header of the first page, 
   should instead be updated to reference whichever RFC comes from
   draft-ietf-isis-te-bis. 

   Note that all of the IS-IS document references above are
   within a few days of being approved, and thus it makes sense
   to hold this draft to wait for them to also be published (so 
   that we can reference the actual RFC numbers).

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg