Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS extensions for Traffic Engineering' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IS-IS extensions for Traffic Engineering '
   <draft-ietf-isis-te-bis-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-te-bis-00.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes extensions to the Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol to support Traffic Engineering
   (TE).  This document extends the IS-IS protocol by specifying new
   information that an Intermediate System (router) can place in Link
   State Protocol (LSP) Data Units.  This information describes
   additional details regarding the state of the network that are useful
   for traffic engineering computations.

   This document replaces RFC3784. 

Working Group Summary

   This is part of a series of seven IS-IS documents that was 
   originally published as informational for historic reasons, and
   is being upgraded to proposed standard. There is broad consensus
   in the WG for this upgrade. 

Document Quality

   These extensions have been widely deployed in multivendor 
   networks. 

Personnel

   Chris Hopps and Dave Ward have been jointly acting as shepherds
   for this series of seven documents. Ross Callon is responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

   Please replace section 6 (Security Considerations) as follows:

   OLD

     6.  Security Considerations

     This document raises no new security issues for IS-IS.

   NEW

     6. Security Considerations

     This document raises no new security issues for IS-IS; for 
     general security considerations for IS-IS see [RFC3567bis].

   Please add the following informative reference in section 8.2:

     [RFC3567bis]  Li, T. and R. Atkinson, "Intermediate System to
     Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication",
     work in progress.
  
   Please update all references to [RFC2966] to instead reference
   draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis. 

   Also please note that draft-ietf-isis-rfc2966bis has been 
   approved, and [RFC3567bis] is within a few days of being 
   approved, and it probably would be preferable to hold
   this document until you can publish all three (actually all
   seven of the related IS-IS documents being progressed) at 
   the same time. 

   In the author's address section, please correct Tony Li's 
   contact information to be:

     Tony Li
     Redback Networks, Inc.
     300 Holger Way
     San Jose, CA  95134
     USA
     Phone: +1 408 750 5160
     Email: [email-masked]

   Also, in the header on the left side of the first page, first
   and second lines, there is a strange word-wrap issue with 
   "Working" and "Group" being on different lines. Please correct 
   this. Thanks. 

   In the header on the first page, right hand side, T. Li is no
   longer at Cisco, and should be listed as being at Redback.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg