Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 5301 on Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5301

        Title:      Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for 
                    IS-IS 
        Author:     D. McPherson, N. Shen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11740
        Obsoletes:  RFC2763

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc2763bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5301.txt

RFC 2763 defined a simple and dynamic mechanism for routers running
IS-IS to learn about symbolic hostnames.  RFC 2763 defined a new TLV
that allows the IS-IS routers to flood their name-to-systemID
mapping information across the IS-IS network.

This document obsoletes RFC 2763.  This document moves the capability
provided by RFC 2763 to the Standards Track.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg