Subject: [Isms] Evaluation process?

From: Robert Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:07:55 -0500

As the November deadline for the evaluation team is rapidly approaching, I was
wondering how the evaluation team was doing. Is it appropriate to ask, or is
the evaluation process done behind closed doors?

-- 
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different. 

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:14:43 -0800

>>>>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:07:55 -0500, Robert Story <[email-masked]> said:

Robert> As the November deadline for the evaluation team is rapidly
Robert> approaching, I was wondering how the evaluation team was
Robert> doing. Is it appropriate to ask, or is the evaluation process
Robert> done behind closed doors?

Funny, I was going to ask the same question but wait till Nov 1!

So, an update to the WG would certainly be nice.  If a decision is
reached, I know that the plans are to write up a draft to summarize
it, but a quick summary earlier on the list would be helpful.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:22:00 -0500

>Funny, I was going to ask the same question but wait till Nov 1!

I sure hope you mean December 1 :-)

>it, but a quick summary earlier on the list would be helpful.

The process has started, but not gotten very far; I was on another trip
after IETF, and was off most of last week, and I suspect many of the
evaluation team members were as will (I have a bunch of email to reply to
about this).

I was thinking of pushing back the deadline (since I doubt we're going to
meet it) for at least a couple of weeks, if no one objects (I haven't yet
consulted Juergen on this, so this isn't definite).

--Ken

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:32:24 +0100

> consulted Juergen on this, so this isn't definite).

I think we are still fine if we have a recommendation from the evaluation
team before Christmas.  This will be late but still in time to agree or
disagree on the recommendation on the mailing list and, in case of agreement,
to discuss a new charter before the next meeting in March.

    Juergen