Subject: [Isms] [[email-masked]: RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Authorization for NAS Management"]

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:39:14 +0200

Hi,

this RADEXT last call is relevant for ISMS since our RADIUS usage
document depends on the document being last called. So please read and
provide feedback to the RADEXT WG.

/js

----- Forwarded message from "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]> -----

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Authorization for NAS Management"
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:32:59 -0400
Thread-Index: AcjP7oMtbwAqQuoxRMaIGZvyuOFXPgAASCaw

Forwarding on behalf of Bernard...  (transient e-mail issues)

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Authorization for NAS Management"
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:03:40 -0700

This is an announcement of RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Authorization for
NAS Management" prior to sending it on to the IESG for consideration as a
Proposed Standard.
?
The document is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authorizati
on-03.txt
?
WG Last Call will last until June 30, 2008.?? Please review the document and
post your comments to the RADEXT WG mailing list ([email-masked]) in
the format described on the RADEXT WG Issues list
(http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/).?? 
?
If you have read the document and approve of its publication, but have no
comments, please also post this to the list. 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

----- End forwarded message -----
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:27:58 -0400

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes...

> document depends on the document being last called.

Yes, that's right.

> So please read and provide feedback to the RADEXT WG.

Please do!

In terms of the relationship among the SNMP Transport Security work, and the
two RADIUS-related drafts -- the RADIUS Usage draft in ISMS and the RADIUS
Management A8thorization draft in RADEXT -- there are a couple of key points
for ISMS WG members to consider.

The RADIUS attributes for management authorization can specify a framed
management protocol, e.g. SNMP.  The current draft version no longer makes
any distinction among which version of SNMP: v1, v2c of v3.  There are
similarly attributes to specify the minimum level of protection of the
management transport, the equivalent of: authNoPriv and authPriv.  There is
not currently a way to specify a particular SNMP Transport Model, e.g. SSH
vs. TLS.

These decisions are the result of various review comments expressing the
desire to keep the AAA provisioning at a suitably abstract level, and to
avoid the temptation to use AAA as a means of provisioning parameters of
SNMP or of the secure transport, e.g. SSH.