Subject: Re: [Isms] Security/Protocol Naming agreement: take II

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:41:42 -0400

--On Wednesday, August 20, 2008 02:55:35 PM -0700 Wes Hardaker 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> At the last IETF and over the mailing list we discussed having
> securityNames handed up by TMs to be prefixed with a PROTO: name type
> tag, where PROTO: would be ssh: dtls: etc.  I won't rehash why this was
> desired as that's in the list archives (and minutes).  But I'm going to
> revamp my write up of what I thought was close to consensus (which I'll
> leave to the chairs to decide if it's been reached).

This all sounds good to me.  However, it's not clear to me from your text 
what the default value of tsmStripSecurityNamePrefix is supposed to be.  My 
impression from the meeting was overall happiness would be maximized by 
making the default value be "true".  I personally don't care, but I believe 
that it should be specified.

-- Jeff
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:43:51 -0700

>>>>> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:41:42 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]> said:

JH> This all sounds good to me.  However, it's not clear to me from your
JH> text what the default value of tsmStripSecurityNamePrefix is supposed
JH> to be.  My impression from the meeting was overall happiness would be
JH> maximized by making the default value be "true".  I personally don't
JH> care, but I believe that it should be specified.

It was specified in the object description:

         DEFVAL { true }

I agree, that was the consensus.
-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:49:06 -0400

> It was specified in the object description:

Oh, so it was.  I missed that.
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms