Subject: [Isms] Updated version of draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:28:30 -0700

Hi -

I've posted an update to the radius vacm draft.  Due to the large
number of (conflicting) comments and responses, I think this version
needs close inspection.  I've tried to balance the various
comments, but in some cases I could not see a middle ground.
In other cases, I've tried to balance conflicting comments, and
made changes different from what were suggested by either side.
In several cases, this text differs substantially from the
"proposed resolution" sent a few days ago, due to the fervent
responses triggered by that message.

Diffs are available at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm-10

Please look to see whether your concerns have been addressed, and,
more importantly, to verify that I haven't broken something in the
course of attempting to address the comments.

Randy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:48:39 +0200

> course of attempting to address the comments.

Thanks Randy for getting this update posted.

I like to ask people to review the changes and to send any concerns to
this list by Friday September 3rd. In case you find any issues, please
provide detailed editing instructions. Note that we are only closing
the issues that were raised during the IESG process and silence will
be read as agreement with the edits made by Randy.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:45:01 +0200

Good stuff!

4.1 still has a lingering SecurityName which I would think better securityName
since that is what is used in RFC5592 as cited there.

And I echo Juergen that RFC5590 is the correct reference for tmSessionID in
vacmAaaSessionID

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "IESG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:28 AM
Subject: [Isms] Updated version of draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm

> _______________________________________________
> Isms mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:45:57 -0700

Hi -

> From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:45 AM
> Subject: Re: [Isms] Updated version of draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm
...
> since that is what is used in RFC5592 as cited there.
...

Fixed.  (actually, this wasn't "lingering" - it was new text added as a result
of the "AAA binding" discussion.)

Randy