Subject: [Isms] isms meeting summary

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:37:32 +0100

Hi,

below is a short ISMS meeting summary. The more detailed minutes are
under preparation.

The ISMS working group met in a one hour session on Wednesday at 15:10
to discuss a proposal for a Kerberos security model. The discussion
centered around the question of whether or not a Kerberos security
model should be added to the existing set of security models.  At the
end of the meeting, which was attended by a relatively small number of
people, there was no consensus in the room as to whether or not the WG
should take on the work to develop a Kerberos security model. The
chairs have to address the need and adoption issue with the mailing
list. For the (D)TLS transport of SNMP and related specifications,
interoperability testing is ongoing with the goal to advance the
specifications to Draft Standard.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>