Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-02.txt

From: "Simone Molendini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:41:03 +0100

Hi,

I have a question about E2E Resv messages' management in an  aggregation
domain

Let suppose that the deaggregator router receives through an external
interface an E2E Resv message.
Let suppose that it has already received the proper Aggregate Path message
by the aggregating router.

If the existing reservation has insufficient bandwith, the deaggregator
sends to the aggregator a new Aggregate Resv message.

But, it also sends the E2E Resv messages with IP protocol number RSVP:
do interior routers process both aggregate and E2E Resv message?

If this is true, it confuses me: why don't mark these E2E Resv messages with
RSVP-E2E-IGNORE?

Best regards,
Simone

---

From: Carol Iturralde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:23:57 -0500

> do interior routers process both aggregate and E2E Resv message?

The e2e Resv message is sent directly to the Aggregator (the PHOP
learned by deaggregator when e2e Path was received), and since
the Resv messages do not contain router alert option, interior
routers imply forward them as they would any IP data packet.  
Interior routers do not process e2e Resv messages.  They just
forward them.