Subject: Call for Participation: IWQoS2001

From: Lars Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:12:06 +0200

[Our apologies for duplicate transmissions]

++++ ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED ++++

###############################################################
Ninth International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2001)
###############################################################

Further information and registration:
-------------------------------------
  http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~iwqos/

Karlsruhe, Germany, June 6-8, 2001

hosted by University of Karlsruhe, Institute of Telematics

supported by technical co-sponsorship by / in-cooperation with
 IEEE Communications Society (TCCC and ITC),
 ACM SIGCOMM and
 IFIP WG6.1 

Sponsors
  SAP AG / CEC  -- Karlsruhe Corporate Research
  Enterasys Networks
  Ericsson Eurolab 
  Siemens 
  IBM 
  NENTEC 
  Gunther-Schroff-Stiftung

IWQoS2001 Advanced Program
##########################

Tuesday, June 5, 2001
=====================
20:00 IWQoS Reception

Wednesday, June 6, 2001
=======================

08:45 Welcome

Lars Wolf, David Hutchison, Ralf Steinmetz 

09:00 Keynote

Quality of Service - 20 Years old and Ready to get a Job? 
Henning Schulzrinne 

10:00 Break

10:30 Session 1: Provisioning and Pricing

Dynamic Core Provisioning for Quantitative Differentiated Service 
Raymond R.-F. Liao, Andrew T. Campbell 

Towards Provisioning DiffServ Intra-Nets 
Ulrich Fiedler, Polly Huang, Bernhard Plattner 

Analysis of Paris Metro Pricing Strategy for QoS with a Single Service Provider 
Ravi Jain, Tracy Mullen, Robert Hausman 

Why Value is Everything: A User-Centered Approach to Internet Quality of Service
and Pricing 
Anna Bouch, M. Angela Sasse 

12:30 Break

14:00 Session 2: Systems QoS

Traveling to Rome: QoS Specifications for Automated Storage System Management 
John Wilkes 

Extending a Best-Effort Operating System to Provide QoS Processor Management 
Hans Domjan, Thomas R, Gross 

User Focus in Consumer Terminals and Conditionally Guaranteed Budgets 
Reinder J. Bril, E. (Liesbeth) F.M. Steffens 

15:30 Break

16:00 Session 3: Routing

Extending BGMP for Shared-Tree Inter-Domain QoS Multicast 
Aiguo Fei, Mario Gerla 

Granularity of QoS Routing in MPLS Networks 
Ying-Dar Lin, Nai-Bin Hsu, Ren-Hung Hwan 

Fault Tolerance and Load Balancing in QoS Provisioning with Multiple MPLS Paths 
Scott Seongwook Lee, Mario Gerla 

On Selection of Paths for Multipath Routing 
Srihari Nelakuditi, Zhi-Li Zhang 

18:00 Break

19:00 Workshop Dinner

Thursday, June 7, 2001
=======================

08:30 Session 4: TCP Related

Preferential Treatment of Acknowledgment Packets in a Differentiated Services
Network 
Konstantina Papagiannaki, Patrick Thiran, Jon Crowcroft, Christophe Diot 

A Quantitative Model for Parameter Setting of RED with TCP Traffic 
Thomas Ziegler, Christof Brandauer, Serge Fdida 

Evaluation of the QoS offered by PRTP-ECN - A TCP-Compliant Partially Reliable
Transport Protocol 
Karl-Johan Grinnemo, Anna Brunstrom 

10:00 Break

10:30 Session 5: Wireless and Mobile

GAME based QoS Provisioning in Multimedia Wideband CDMA Networks 
Mohamed Moustafa, Ibrahim Habib, Mahmoud Naghshineh 

QoS-aware Adaptive Services in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks 
Baochun Li 

11:30 Break (Short)

11:45 Panel

How will Media Distribution work in the Internet? 
Andrew Campbell, Carsten Griwodz (Chair), Joerg Liebeherr, Dwight Makaroff,
Andreas Mauthe, Giorgio Ventre, and Michael Zink 

12:45 Break

14:00 Short Paper Session

Experimental Extensions to RSVP - Remote Client and One-Pass Signalling 
Martin Karsten 

Extended Quality-of-Service for Mobile Networks 
Jukka Manner, Kimmo Raatikainen 

Quality of Service Schemes for IEEE 802.11 - A Simulation Study 
Anders Lindgren, Andreas Almquist, Olov Schelen 

Differentiated Services over Shared Media 
Pascal Anelli, Gwendal Le Grand 

End-to-Edge QoS System Integration: Integrated Resource Reservation Framework
for Mobile Internet 
Yasunori Yasuda, Nobuhiko Nishio, Hideyuki Tokuda 

Problems of Elastic Traffic Admission Control in an HTTP Scenario 
Joachim Charzinski 

16:00 Break

16:30 Session 6: Aggregation and Active Networks Based QoS

Aggregation and Scalable QoS: A Performance Study 
Huirong Fu, Edward W. Knightly 

Customizable Cooperative Metering for Multi-Ingress Service Level Agreements in
Differentiated Network Services 
Syed Umair Ahmed Shah, Peter Steenkiste 

Segmented Adaptation of Traffic Aggregates 
Hermann de Meer, Piers O`Hanlon 

18:00

Friday, June 8, 2001
====================

08:30 Invited Talk

Automated, Dynamic Traffic Engineering in Multi-Service IP Networks 
Joe Sventek 

09:30 Break

10:00 Session 7: Scheduling and Dropping

Differentiated Services with Lottery Queueing 
Joseph Eggleston, Sugih Jamin 

On Creating Proportional Loss-rate Differentiation: Predictability and
Performance 
Ulf Bodin, Andreas Jonsson, Olov Schelen 

11:00 Break

11:30 Session 8: Scheduling and Admission Control

A Novel Scheduler For a low Delay Service Within Best-Effort 
Paul Hurley, Jean-Yves Le Boudec, Mourad Kara, Patrick Thiran 

JoBS: Joint Buffer Management and Scheduling for Differentiated Services 
Jorg Liebeherr, Nicolas Christin 

Optimal Call Admission Control under Generalized Processor Sharing Scheduling 
Antonis Panagakis, Ioannis Stavrakakis 

13:00 Summary