Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: Calll for comments on AI standards, due 2019-03-07

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 17:14:28 +0100

Intelligent Transport Systems ISO TC 204 is considering Artificial 
Intelligence

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Calll for comments on AI standards, due 2019-03-07
Date : Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:55:42 +0000
De : Adrian Guan <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : Adrian Guan <[email-masked]>
Pour : [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear TC204 members,

I am passing along below note from Artificial Intelligence Ad Hoc 
Working Group Convenor Mr. Dean Zabrieszach to request a call for 
comments on the standards that ISO/TC 204 will seek to develop on AI. 
Please submit your comments directly to Dean at 
[email-masked] by 7 March 2019.

--
"For the next meeting of the Ad Hoc Working Group on AI in Florida, I 
would like to focus on developing a program of standards to be 
considered. By way of background, the purpose of the Ad Hoc was 
originally articulated as follows:

ISO/TC 204 resolves to create a new “AI (Artificial Intelligence) ad hoc 
group” focused on “The impact of AI on ITS and the identification of 
standards that ISO/TC 204 will seek to develop”.

Therefore, I would like to invite all HoD’s, Convenors and Experts to 
submit to me their thoughts, comments, suggestions on standards to be 
developed by such a group if it were to be made a permanent WG.

A call for submissions is expected to be sent back to me by 7 March 2019.

Kind Regards,

Dean"
---

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 23:29:17 +0200

I think our WG will need to get informed from time to time of this CITS,
they collaborate without IETF IPWAVE WG input. I don't recommend IETF
participants to input individually to ISO/TC 204, it is better if we work
together and discuss together what we want to submit as our
list-comments/meeting-comments.

IMHO we may need some one/organiser  to collaborate so that we follow up
with things happening outside IETF that may affect us in future. The system
architecture they support/suggest is doing both IP and non-IP networks in
ITS, the system becomes complicated. Our WG work authorises only work with
IPv6 systems, so our applications are for IP networks.

AB

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 6:14 PM Alexandre Petrescu <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>