Subject: [ipwave] dont use smartphone while driving

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:55:27 +0200

Hi,

I post this message as just once, so as to not risk being out of scope, 
or to debate, or whatever.

I start by acknowledging, at one point I was a big user of driving and 
typing on laptop, filming, all these things at the same time. One of my 
challenges was to film the highest speed counter at which the IP 
connection was still up.

However, it is not a good thing.  It is a huge risk to drive and do 
something else at the same time, like tapping on a screen or typing on a 
keyboard.  Whatever the excuse, it is not a good reason.

If one absolutely needs to use a keyboard or a tapping screen or talking 
on the phone at the same time as driving, then a very good idea is to 
get a passenger programmer.

If you dont drive, and you are safely fixed in an office for example, 
but someone calls you to discuss something serious about business and 
other important things, and you realize s/he's actually driving, then 
hang on immediately.  Dont bother explaining why and dont present 
excuses, because it takes too long.

Before calling someone, try to figure out whether s/he's driving.  An 
app featuring a button labelled 'Is s/he driving?' is probably a good 
idea towards making driving safer.

Alex