Subject: Re: [ipwave] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-28: (with COMMENT)

From: "Templin (US), Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:28:04 +0000

Lars, to respond very directly no it is not premature to list AERO and OMNI.
They are in the RFC-ISE editors queue for publication as Informational RFCs
at the current time, and the RFC-ISE tells me he is actively seeking reviewers.
If some working group wants to adopt them, then I am sure the RFC-ISE
would be willing to shift them to a working group track. But, as far as
revisions go, they are now in what would be considered a "last call" status.

Fred

---

From: "Independent Submissions Editor (Eliot Lear)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:45:22 +0200

Hello everyone,

Like Beetlejuice his name having been thrice invoked, the ISE appears.

> at the current time, and the RFC-ISE tells me he is actively seeking reviewers.

This is correct.  The current state of these drafts is that they are 
awaiting the ISE review.  Assuming they get beyond that point, and some 
drafts do not, the ISE will solicit reviews.   The ISE always welcomes 
*un*solicited reviews at any stage prior to publication.  I am 
particularly interested in hearing from those who either are 
implementing OMNI and AERO or are planning to do so in the very near 
future.  As a reminder, the ISE reserves the right to decline 
publication at any stage prior to RFCs being issued.

> would be willing to shift them to a working group track.

As a matter of policy, the ISE will always honor the wishes of authors 
to remove drafts from the Independent Stream queue.  It is, of course, 
up to the IETF to decide whether to adopt any particular draft for 
further work.

> But, as far as

The ISE does not issue last calls, and each of these drafts is closer to 
the beginning of the process, rather than the end.

If you have any questions about ISE process, please see 
https://www.rfc-editor.org/about/independent/ or otherwise feel free to 
contact me directly.

Eliot (ISE)