Subject: Re: [iucg] Welcome to the "iucg" mailing list]

From: "Karl E. Peters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:46:46 -0700

Greetings to all assembled here,

I have been honored to join you by Jefsey recently and would like to very briefly introduce myself.

My name is Karl E. Peters, president of the Top Level Domain Association, Inc.  I restarted that organization a while back in anticipation of the many changes that may well call upon solutions we can ring to the table. I am not a technical person, by your standards, but rather an organizer and motivator of people and an organizer of movements. My primary responsibility among the diverse personalities that are the TLDA, Inc. is to keep them working together without letting them get close enough to fight. I trust you know how that works in an internet dependant organization of experts!

My principle reason for joining you is to be available to interface between your work and that of the TLDA, Inc. and share with you what we are doing and how it also interfaces with your efforts. I also make myself available to assist in setting up structures or drafting agreements or by-laws and to bring the technical people of the TLDA to bear where appropriate, though I am not to be considered one of them in the pure sense of technical people.

Feel free to contact me at any time via this list or via e-mail at [email-masked] or telephone at (912) 638-1638 (USA) in GMT-5 time zone.

Looking forward to positive contribution!

Sincerely yours,

Karl E. Peters, President

Top Level Domain Association, Inc.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Welcome to the "iucg" mailing list
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, January 15, 2009 6:26 pm
To: [email-masked]

Welcome to the [email-masked] mailing list! Any submission to the IETF
intended by the Contributor for publication as all or part of an IETF
Internet-Draft or RFC and any statement made within the context of an
IETF activity is considered an "IETF Contribution". Such statements
include oral statements in IETF sessions, as well as written and
electronic communications made at any time or place, which are
addressed to: the IETF plenary session, any IETF working group or
portion thereof, the IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the
IESG, the IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB, any IETF
mailing list, including the IETF list itself, any working group or
design team list, or any other list functioning under IETF auspices,
the RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function All IETF Contributions
are subject to the rules of RFC 3978 (updated by RFC 4748) and RFC
3979(updated by RFC 4879).

Statements made outside of an IETF session, mailing list or other
function that is clearly not intended to be input to an IETF activity,
group or function, are not IETF Contributions in the context of this
notice.

Please consult RFC 3978 (and RFC 4748) for details.

A participant in any IETF activity is deemed to accept all IETF rules
of process, as documented in Best Current Practices RFCs and IESG
Statements. A participant in any IETF activity acknowledges that
written, audio and video records of meetings may be made and may be
available to the public.

To post to this list, send your email to:

[email-masked]

General information about the mailing list is at:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iucg

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
subscription page at:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/iucg/kpeters%40tldainc.org

You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:

[email-masked]

with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself) or to unsubscribe. It is:

EvMbbxt0

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your ietf.org mailing list
passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you
prefer. This reminder will also include instructions on how to
unsubscribe or change your account options. There is also a button on
your options page that will email your current password to you.

_______________________________________________
iucg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iucg

---

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:30:22 +0100

At 03:46 19/01/2009, Karl E. Peters wrote:
>My name is Karl E. Peters, president of the Top Level Domain 
>Association, Inc.  I restarted that organization a while back in 
>anticipation of the many changes that may well call upon solutions 
>we can ring to the table. I am not a technical person, by your standards,

:-) a technical person per our standard is someone who can send a 
mail and access our site !
The target is to permit everyone to discuss the Internet technology 
and then, together, to port it into a technical context/wording to 
try to attract the IETF geeks's attention. Or to build, try, and 
deploy some practical ideas among ourselves. This is what we name the 
Internet PLUS.

>but rather an organizer and motivator of people and an organizer of 
>movements. My primary responsibility among the diverse personalities 
>that are the TLDA, Inc. is to keep them working together without 
>letting them get close enough to fight. I trust you know how that 
>works in an internet dependant organization of experts!

Would you accept to become our Sargeant of Arms?

>My principle reason for joining you is to be available to interface 
>between your work and that of the TLDA, Inc. and share with you what 
>we are doing and how it also interfaces with your efforts. I also 
>make myself available to assist in setting up structures or drafting 
>agreements or by-laws and to bring the technical people of the TLDA 
>to bear where appropriate, though I am not to be considered one of 
>them in the pure sense of technical people.

The TLDA brings a big DNS users experience in an advanced context 
(virtual root). This is certainly a key exprience for the ML-DNS 
specs exploration and definition.

All the best!
jfc

---

From: Miguel Perez Subias <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:13:29 +0100

Dear all,

My name uis Miguel Perez Subias I ´m  president for the spanish users 
internet association www.aui.es

We are working in Spain for a initiative called "Users Like Me 
(UsuariosComoYO)" the idea is people heping people to solve technological 
problems (legal, technical, .....) (Our inspiratios came from: 
http://www.patientslikeme.com/ )

The project is just at the begining but we can adapt this project to 
incorporate your ideas, sugestions, ....

Regards

Miguel Pérez Subías
President
Spanish Internet Users Association  - www.AUI.es
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Skype: miguel.perez.subias - Mobil: +34 609 03 22 87  --
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------- AUI  Information 
--------------------------------------------
--             17th May, internetday, enjoy it
--   ¡¡ the world in a click !!  http://internetday.info
--   World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:38:28 +0100

Dear lead users,
You have now read the response from Olaf Kolman, IAB Chair, to my appeal.

This response seemed surprising at first and even upsetting. This is 
why before commenting on it I asked for an explanation from Olaf 
Kolkman, the IAB Chair, and then tried to best understand his 
respective thinking. It turns out that his answer is rather fruitful.

I summarized this in the IUCG Organization part 
(<http://iucg.org/wiki/Organization_of_the_IUCG>http://iucg.org/wiki/Organization_of_the_IUCG):
- as a response to a FAQ 
<http://iucg.org/wiki/IUCG_-_FAQ>http://iucg.org/wiki/IUCG_-_FAQ (you 
may guess I was asked :-))
- as part of the IUCG young history and positioning 
<http://iucg.org/wiki/IUCG:_internal_IETF_relations_and_external_liaisons>http://iucg.org/wiki/IUCG:_internal_IETF_relations_and_external_liaisons

Basically, we obtained through this appeal process the formal 
guidance that we needed from the IETF. The IUC, :
1. is an IETF non-WG mailing list, which is to help users interface 
the IETF ways.
2. it should relate with the IAB, on a matter per matter basis.
3. is to show that its contributions are useful and adequately presented.

A simple mnemonic could help us. The scope of:
- IRTF is the future
- IESG is standard and document management
- IAB is global coherence
- IUCG is present (along with the coming) lead usages.

Now we have to document our working methods and tune our Charter to 
this more challenging scope. When considering a consolidated 
architectural dialog the main challenge that we all obviously face is 
the emegence of the "Intersem" (Multilingual and Semantic Internet of 
thoughts). Therefore, since we are stabilized now, we will 
progressively aggregate the MLTF with the IUCG, the IUCG focusing on 
the Internet PLUS perspective, and the MLTF on the Intersem.

Since we have at least five priorities (IDv6, a copyrights support 
doctrine through TCP/IPP, an alternative to DNSSEC, semantic 
addressing and other domain name industry needs via the French 
RFP)  I propose you we start to really bite into these issues, and 
delay the Charter/Methodology subject by three months. They will give 
us some experience about ourselves.

I am focussing myself this week on the questions set to French 
Government over the '.fr' RFP.
All the best.
jfcm