Subject: [iucg] Fwd: semantic addressing

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:05:11 +0200

To follow on Elisabeth's suggestion.
Attention: all this is really rushed :-)
jfc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: 2009/4/29
Subject: semantic addressing
To: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>

Dear Lisa,
the semantic addressing is a big piece of cake. As I explained I did
not expect to document it top down, but to get it progressively
embedded bottom up into the IDNA and extensions. As discussed
yesterday I have accepted to spend a few days on it and get it
reviewed by IUCG/france@large followers.

The working page (currently in French) is
http://iucg.org/wiki/Adressage_S%C3%A9mantique_-_Semantic_Addressing
I hope to have it in rough English (so at least everyone can
understand what it is about) tonight.

Beware : the Intersem is a very particular beast (a complete big
strata above the Internet by its own). It is not what I rush a
presentation of (there are many, many things to discuss/document), but
only the notional domain addressing syntax and grammar.

There are therefore two main parties for you :
- what belongs to semantic addressing, which is quite external to
WG-IDNABIS concerns, but explains the background of the semantic
addressing in general, its power, and its capacity to support the DNS
and Unicode the way the Charter and John Klensin/Patrick Falström
describe it (I believe at least).
- the description of its general implementation in the DNS, its
support of an Internet presentation virtual layer, and therefore its
capacity to transparently support languages as well (at least for
protocols that document the DNs).

My effort today was focused on the first part. I suppose it will still
be tonight. When I have documented enough the semiophysic
multilinguistic model (so given the detail of the utterance pile
layers) I will concentrate on the documentation of the 100% IDNA
support (plus French and other Latin language extension - which is
only particular due to ASCII and not to French). I will then see if I
can document as well the ML-DNS issues, which have nothing to do with
"multilingual" but with things like "multiledger" (and multilayer,
what I introduced above) and multilateral governance.

jfc