Subject: Re: [iucg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt

From: Elisabeth Blanconil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:55:32 +0200

the http://wikidna.org/index.php?title=IDNA_Mapping page has been
updated. I do not now if this new version is under WG/LC or not.

It adds the following section 4:

	4. [I-D.ietf-idnabis-protocol] is specified such that the protocol
 	+	acts on the indvidual labels of the domain name. If an
 	+	implementation of this mapping is also performing the step of
 	+	separation of the parts of a domain name into labels by using the
 	+	FULL STOP character (U+002E), the following character can be
 	+	mapped to the FULL STOP before label separation occurs:
 	+	
 	+	* IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP (U+3002)
 	+	There are other characters that are used as "full stops" that one
 	+	could consider mapping as label separators, but their use as such
 	+	has not been investigated thoroughly.

Elisabeth Blanconil

2009/8/20  <[email-masked]>:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Names in Applications, Revised Working Group of the IETF.
>
>
>        Title           : Mapping Characters in IDNA
>        Author(s)       : P. Resnick, P. Hoffman
>        Filename        : draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt
>        Pages           : 5
>        Date            : 2009-08-20
>
> In the original version of the Internationalized Domain Names in
> Applications (IDNA) protocol, any Unicode code points taken from user
> input were mapped into a set of Unicode code points that "make
> sense", which were then encoded and passed to the domain name system
> (DNS).  The current version of IDNA presumes that the input to the
> protocol comes from a set of "permitted" code points, which it then
> encodes and passes to the DNS, but does not specify what to do with
> the result of user input.  This document describes the actions taken
> by an implementation between user input and passing permitted code
> points to the new IDNA protocol.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-03.txt
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> Internet-Draft.
>