Subject: Re: [iucg] [IAB] Call for Comment: 'Privacy Considerations for Internet Protocols'

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 01:57:24 +0200

Alissa,

I feel that the whole neutrality, privacy, open access, open use etc. 
issues should be carefully reviewed in the new international context 
of the Tallin Manual. I currently work on a  presentation on the 
cyberspace in the 5 fileds continuum and I find that there is already 
a strong French Constitutional background due to the continuity with 
the natural environment that extand to and constrain the 
digital/artificial environment too. I am sure this is also the case 
in other countries. However, since it has never been internationally 
concordated there certainly are dicontinuities that cannot be only 
technically patched. One of the preoccupying issue I worked on a 
draft a few years ago is the precautionary principle and the 
proportional reparation issues.

I have not the time to review your draft in details before ten days, 
so I cannot comment on the text itself as yet. I just ask if you feel 
confident the IAB position you want to express is within the 
international NATO limits which are probably within Russian and 
Chinese official limits.

Aslo, I quite agree with Dave Cooper, IAB/IETF are dedicated to the 
end to end mechanics to support whatever surety, security, protection 
technically required by fringe to fringe intelligent use. I do not 
expect discussing privacy before this summer time there. Just to 
premature for emerging communities.

Best
jfc