Subject: [iucg] Internet algorithmic governance

From: Jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:02:09 +0200

Dear all,
in the past months the IUCG has been victim of hacking at the 
incitation of pro-ICANN aficiniados. In order to keep the situation 
cool I did not react and gave time to time.

It now seems that the NTIA request 
(http://www.ntia.doc.gov/press-release/2014/ntia-announces-intent-transition-key-internet-domain-name-functions) 
to ICANN is going to a dead end. The reason why is that the ICANN 
community does not seem to consider the NTIA request that only 
concerns the replacement of the NTIA's role in the DNS class "IN" 
ICANN/NTIA, while the ICANN debate revolves on the IANA transition.

This creates an important risk of conflict and unstability on the DNS 
and IANA, at a time RFC 6852 has acknowledged standardization 
fragmentation of the internet and its unity trough a common 
architecture, a common standardization paradigm based upon a supposed 
common economic interest of its different markets and global communities.

The technical suggestions proposed by the members of the ICANN 
communities are essentially "IANALs'" unconstitutional blahblahblah 
(how the NTIA could trick the US law).

More seriously the only solution seems to be for the entire IANA like 
matters to be engineered as law/fool-proof through an "algorithmic 
governance" stewardship, i.e.

- one commonly accessible (Libre) cartographic tool of the network 
topology, spaces, and standards of any SDO, community or manufacturer
- a system of servers running this process in parallel and mutually 
checking their findings. This system will be organized and managed by 
MYCANN, http://mycann.org/
- making these findings available through a "netiana" open protocol 
and readers.

This way the legal/political/economic/cultural responsibility lays 
with the authors of the data, not with their online "echo". If the 
polycratic or state digitglobal community wants to filters or 
broadcast some information, this will be made possible. Such a system 
operational interest is in proportion to the number of its users. Its 
architectural interest is immediate as it provides an alternative to 
be tested and considered in other propositions.

jfc