Subject: [Jmap] Last Call: <draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04.txt> (A JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP) Subprotocol for WebSocket) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 06:09:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the JSON Mail Access Protocol WG (jmap)
to consider the following document: - 'A JSON Meta Application Protocol
(JMAP) Subprotocol for WebSocket'
  <draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-19. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a binding for the JSON Meta Application
   Protocol (JMAP) over a WebSocket transport layer.  The WebSocket
   binding for JMAP provides higher performance than the current HTTP
   binding for JMAP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.