Subject: [Jmap] Which spec to use for Calendar?

From: Stephan Wissel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 00:22:24 +0800

Hi there,

we started to create a JSON schema (using OpenAPI 3) for jsCalendar.
(which we will contribute back once it is polished)

I see 2 documents describing it:
https://jmap.io/spec-calendars.html
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar-32

the former describes objects like CalendarPrincipals, Calendar,
CalendarShareNotification,
while the later mainly JSEvent, JSTask, JSCalendar.

We seen attributes "type" and "@type".

Question: Which document should we follow here and how does JSCalendar
relate to Calendar?

Create a nice day!
Stephan H. Wissel

Phone: +65 96673269
Blog <https://www.wissel.net/blog> Twitter <http://twitter.com/notessensei>
LinkedIn <http://sg.linkedin.com/in/notessensei> Xing
<https://www.xing.com/profile/StephanH_Wissel>

---

From: "Robert Stepanek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:32:15 +0100

Hi Stephan,

> we started to create a JSON schema (using OpenAPI 3) for jsCalendar.

Great!

> [...]
> Question: Which document should we follow here and how does JSCalendar relate to Calendar?

The jscalendar document in the IETF calext group describes the data model for calendar entries. The document at jmap.io is a proposed internet draft for a calendaring API that uses this data model. The internet draft for the latter is worked on in the IETF jmap working group: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-calendars/

> We seen attributes "type" and "@type".

They are unrelated, the @type property is metadata. I assume you mean having both "type" and "@type" can be confusing, and I agree. However, I am not aware of any "type" property in JSCalendar. I do know there is a "type" property defined for CalendarEventNotification in the JMAP Calendars draft. That should probably be renamed.

Cheers,
Robert