Subject: [jose] Authentication Capabilities

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:34:44 -0700

Open issues for support are:

1. Multiple Recipients - Doe we allow for multiple or only a "single"
recipient?

2. Recipient Encryption Methods - Which, if any, of the following should be
supported?
	Key Transport - i.e. RSA
	Key Agreement - i.e. ECDH
	Pre-Shared Secret w/o Key Derivation - i.e. known key
	Pre-shared Secret w/ Key Derivation - i.e. password derived
	Other - do we allow for other types defined in non-canonical
documents? Examples might be IBE or Plasma based methods

3.  Recipient Method Identification - Are recipient methods to be defined by
a recipient type or just by the recipient encryption method?

4.  Key Identification Methods - What methods, if any, are used to identify
recipient and sender keys?  What types of keys are to be supported?  X509
certs? JSON keys?  Bare Keys?

5.  Content identification - see same issue for signatures

6.  Content Location - see same issue for signatures

7.  Authenticated attributes - Same issue as for signatures?

8.  Unauthenticated attributes - Do we support some form of unauthenticated
attributes?

Jim