Subject: [jose] JOSE and JWT specs updated for IETF 85 working group meetings

From: Michael Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 02:06:19 -0800

I’ve made a small set of updates to the JSON Object Signing
and Encryption (JOSE) and JSON Web Token (JWT) specs in preparation for the JOSE and OAuth working group
meetings at IETF 85.  These
updates incorporate resolutions to issues that have been discussed by the
working groups since publication of the previous drafts.

Normative changes to the working group specs were to add
length fields for PartyUInfo and PartyVInfo values for key derivation
calculations and to change the JWK field identifiers for RSA keys from (mod,
xpo) to (n, e).  Fields for representing the RSA private key values needed
for Chinese Remainder Theorem (CRT) calculations were added to the JSON Private
Key specification.

The updated specs are available at:

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-07

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-07

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-07

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-07

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-05

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-03

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-jose-jws-json-serialization-03

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-jose-jwe-json-serialization-03

·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-jose-json-private-key-01

HTML formatted versions are available at:

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-07.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-07.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-07.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-07.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-05.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-03.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-jose-jws-json-serialization-03.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-jose-jwe-json-serialization-03.html

·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-jose-json-private-key-01.html

See the history entries in the specs for detailed change
descriptions.

              
-- Mike

---

From: Dirkjan Ochtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:14:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Michael Jones
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I’ve made a small set of updates to the JSON Object Signing and Encryption
> (JOSE) and JSON Web Token (JWT) specs in preparation for the JOSE and OAuth
> working group meetings at IETF 85.  These updates incorporate resolutions to
> issues that have been discussed by the working groups since publication of
> the previous drafts.

How can I get someone to respond to my suggestions? Emailing to the
list twice (Oct 20 and Oct 30) hasn't helped so far. Is there a bug
tracker?

Cheers,

Dirkjan