Subject: [jose] Question about JWA/JWE drafts

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:59:45 +0200

Hello,

this question concerns draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-10 and
draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-10.

In the specification of e.g. the
AES_CBC_HMAC_SHA2 Algorithms encryption (section 4.8.2.1.) the parameter
A for associated data is declared, however it seems as if it is not
defined anywhere what should go into this parameter.

Only from section A.3.7. of the JWE draft can one infer what should go
into A.

I suspect this was part of the draft in a previous version and
accidentally got deleted. 

Regards,

Ludwig Seitz

-- 
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
SICS Swedish ICT AB
Ideon Science Park
Building Beta 2 
Scheelevägen 17 
SE-223 70 Lund

Phone +46(0)70-349 92 51
http://www.sics.se