Subject: Re: [jose] JOSE -11 drafts and JWT -08 released

From: "Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 04:08:00 -0700

Hi guys,

Today we pushed out a new release of the Nimbus JOSE+JWT library to
match the latest -11/-08 drafts. It should reach Maven Central by the
end of the day.

New JWK builders were added to simplify key construction while
preserving the immutability of the objects.

And yes, we're looking for contributor(s) to help out with the new JWS
RSA alg :)

Cheers,

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : [email-masked]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [jose] JOSE -11 drafts and JWT -08 released
From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 28, 2013 4:11 pm
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

  The -11 drafts of the  JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)
specifications have been released that incorporate the changes agreed to
at the interim working group meeting last month.  Most of the changes
were to the JWS and JWE JSON Serialization representations, enabling
more flexible treatment of header parameter values.  Other changes
included removing the Encrypted Key value from the JWE integrity
calculation, saying more about key identification, adding key
identification parameters to some of the examples, clarifying the use of
“kid” values in JWK Sets, enabling X.509 key representations in
JWKs, recommending protecting JWKs containing non-public information by
encrypting them with JWE, adding “alg” values for RSASSA-PSS,
registering additional MIME types, and a number of clarifications.  A
corresponding -08 JSON Web Token (JWT) spec was also released that
updated the encrypted JWT example value to track the JWE change. 
Hopefully this will be the last breaking change to the encryption
calculations.
  
 The specifications are available at:
 ·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-11
 ·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-11
 ·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-11
 ·       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-11
 ·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-08
  
 HTML formatted versions are available at:
 ·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-11.html
 ·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-11.html
 ·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-11.html
 ·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-11.html
 ·       
http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-08.html
  
                                                             -- Mike
  
 P.S.  This announcement was also posted at 
http://self-issued.info/?p=1031.

_______________________________________________
jose mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose