Subject: [jose] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:23:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Javascript Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications have a need for object-based security
   mechanisms in addition to security mechanisms at the network layer or
   transport layer.  In the past, the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
   has provided a binary secure object format based on ASN.1.  Over
   time, the use of binary object encodings such as ASN.1 has been
   overtaken by text-based encodings, for example JavaScript Object
   Notation.  This document defines a set of use cases and requirements
   for a secure object format encoded using JavaScript Object Notation
   (JSON), drawn from a variety of application security mechanisms
   currently in development.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:29:43 -0400

This version addresses comments from WGLC from:
-- James Manger
-- Jim Schaad
-- Ludwig Seitz
-- Mike Jones
-- Richard Barnes (comments sent privately to author)

Please let me know if you're not in that list and think you should be.  If
you are in that list, you might want to take a glance at the diff and make
sure your comments are all addressed.

Detailed comment resolution matrix at <http://goo.gl/uNqix>

--Richard

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> jose mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose
>