Subject: [jose] #31: Add extractability field for JWK

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 12:08:40 -0000

#31: Add extractability field for JWK

 The WebCrypto group would like to have an extractablity boolean field
 defined for the JWK object.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/31>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:13:44 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This seems significantly underspecified.  For one thing, extractability is
 often not simply a Boolean value.  For instance, the Windows key store has
 different properties for whether a key may be extracted in wrapped form
 (NCRYPT_ALLOW_EXPORT_FLAG) and whether it may be extracted as an
 unprotected key (NCRYPT_ALLOW_PLAINTEXT_EXPORT_FLAG).

 The good news is that, should WebCrypto want/need to fully specify an
 extractability key property, they can do so in a WebCrypto document and
 register the field in the JSON Web Key Parameters Registry.  This requires
 no action on the part of the JOSE working group.

 Therefore, I believe that this should be closed as Won't-Fix.

  key                    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/31#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>