Subject: [jose] Document Action: 'Examples of Protecting Content using JavaScript Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-jose-cookbook-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 06:30:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Examples of Protecting Content using JavaScript Object Signing and
   Encryption (JOSE)'
  (draft-ietf-jose-cookbook-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Javascript Object Signing and
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-cookbook/

Technical Summary

  This document provides a set of examples for the standards
  created by the JOSE (JavaScript Object Signing And Encryption)
  working group.  The document includes examples of JOSE being
  used for signing, encrypting, and authenticating texts, as
  well as how public key pairs and symmetric keys can be encoded.

  Examples are given for both the Compact and JSON serialization
  formats.

Working Group Summary

   The draft contains examples from the standards created in 
   the JOSE working group.  As such, there was no disagreement
   about this draft.

Document Quality

  All of the Compact serializations have been validated by
  at least two people.  The JSON serializations are equivalent
  to the compact serializations, but have not had the same 
  testing level.  The reviewers are acknowledged.  It may be 
  difficult to get validation on the other examples, but if experts
  could validate, that would be very helpful.  The editor is working
  on getting validations for all examples and has set up a GitHub
  repository to assist.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Jim Schaad, the AD is Kathleen Moriarty.

RFC Editor Note

  During Auth48, special attention will be needed to ensure examples
  are correct and match what has been testing in the GitHub repository
  established to assist in validation of the examples.

Please use single spaces after "." in the examples
such as those that contain text as follows: "J. R. R. Tolkien"