Subject: [jose] AD Review of draft-ietf-jose-cfrg-curves

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 21:34:01 -0400

Hello,

Thank you for your work on draft-ietf-jose-cfrg-curves.  The draft
looks good, so I only have a couple of comments.

I just found a couple of nits that should be resolved.  I will kick
off IETF last call and these can be resolved along with IETF last call
comments.  I'll put this on the telechat 3 weeks from today, so any
changes will need to be made right as IETF last call ends before IESG
members start to review drafts.

Introduction, first paragraph, last sentence Nit:
   This
   document defines how those algorithms are to be used in JOSE in
   interoperable manner.
s/in interoperable manner/in an interoperable manner/

Second to last paragraph: I think you can leave this sentence out:
   (Trying to apply ECDSA
   to those curves leads to nasty corner-cases and produces odd
   results.)

Thank you!
-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen