Subject: [jose] Preventing invalid curve attacks at EC JWK construction / parse time

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:43:57 +0300

JOSE lib maintainers could consider adding a curve check at EC JWK
construction / parse time. This will stop an invalid curve attack early
in its tracks, when the JWE message is being parsed, so the invalid EC
JWK will not even reach the ECDH-ES decryption phase.

This extra validation is now included in Nimbus JOSE+JWT v4.36. I
suppose it could also prevent other issues with having invalid EC JWK
around an app.

Cheers,

Vladimir

---

From: Nathaniel McCallum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:57:44 -0400

http://github.com/latchset/jose does exactly this. I also recommend
other implementations do the same.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Vladimir Dzhuvinov
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> jose mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose
>