Subject: Re: [karp] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-karp-design-guide-01

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:13:52 -0500

Earlier, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I don't think we have enough confidence in this document 
> that we should be rigidly bound by it.
> 
> I agree it represents our current thinking.
> 
> However, I'd like to retain flexibility to make possibly significant
> changes to the details of the process as we get more experience.
> 
> So, if the purpose of publishing this is to describe 
> where we are that's great.
> 
> If the purpose is to close off refinements of the process 
> [that] we're going to use then I think it is premature.

+1

It is useful to document current thinking.  I don't have
sufficient confidence in the document that the WG ought
to be rigidly bound by it.  

For example, if some (e.g. future) proposal appears, 
conformance to this document by that proposal ought NOT 
be required before that proposal receives full and due
consideration by the WG on the proposal's own merits.

Yours,

Ran