Subject: [karp] draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3 vs draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:10:47 +0800

Folks,

We've got draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table with some table entries and 
draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3 with some table entries.  The two 
don't match.  I think this is bad.  Can we work to align them?

spt

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:06:01 -0500

>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Turner <[email-masked]> writes:

    Sean> Folks, We've got draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table with some
    Sean> table entries and draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3 with
    Sean> some table entries.  The two don't match.  I think this is
    Sean> bad.  Can we work to align them?

This was discussed during the last call of the ospf v3 draft.  My
understanding is that we believed that the crypto-key-table draft is not
mature enough to depend on.  We tried to use the KARP key table for
draft-ietf-ospf-security-extension-manual-keying-01.txt and ran into a
multi-month block that is still blocked.  I propose that we align OSPF
and the KARP crypto table in that draft, but given the delays so far we
don't hold a post-ietf-lc draft to that.