Subject: Re: [karp] Call for WG adoption: draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-04

From: "Cao,Zhen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:20:59 +0800

Hello

Excuse me for jump into the discussion.

I would like to support the adoption of this document. Frankly
speaking, due to overlap, I didn't attend the karp meeting but
followed via the audio. I agree with the argument that using the
technologies such as OF-config, a centralized controller can be used
to distribute key materials to different network devices.

However, I believe this automated key management solution is still
desirable in large scale traditional network devices where there are
no centralized controllers (which in the matter of facts nowadays
without central-point-of-failure problem). This work can be regarded
as a candidate solution for operators to secure their networks in a
more flexible way.

Many thanks,
cz

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Joel Halpern
> Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 4:05 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [karp] Call for WG adoption: draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-04
> Although there was a little discussion on this for the first few days,
> there has been minimal comment since, and insufficient supportive
> comments for adopting.
>
> Based on the chairs' guess that there is support, we are extending the
> call for adoption by another week.
> If you would like to see this document adopted by the working group,
> please speak up.
>
> Thank you,
> Joel (and Brian)
>
> On 7/29/13 3:18 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> > This draft has been discussed in the WG, and revised based on WG
> > feedback and discussions among the authors.
> > At this point, the question is whether it is ready for the WG to
> > formally take the draft on and take it forward.
> >
> > So this is a call for adoption of
> > http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp/
> > by the KARP WG.
> > Please respond to the list with support or substantive objections
> > within
> > 3 weeks (adding a week since we are in the IETF meeting.
> >
> > Yours,
> > Joel M. Halpern
>
> _______________________________________________
> karp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/karp