Subject: [keyassure] fyi: DNSSEC practice statements and associated documents

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:40:29 -0800

FYI, there already has been a fair amount of work done w.r.t. wrapping policy, 
procedures, and conventions around the technical capabilities of DNSSEC, a la 
what is done in the PKIX/X.509 world. Here's some pointers to relevant 
documents and repositories...

DNSSEC Policy & Practice Statement Framework (DRAFT)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework

Abstract

    This document presents a framework to assist writers of DNSSEC Policy
    and Practice Statements such as Domain Managers and Zone Operators on
    both the top-level and secondary level, who is managing and operating
    a DNS zone with Security Extensions (DNSSEC) implemented.

    In particular, the framework provides a comprehensive list of topics
    that should be considered for inclusion into a DNSSEC Policy
    definition and Practice Statement.

--

DPS framework (slides)
<http://brussels38.icann.org/meetings/brussels2010/presentation-dnssec-dps-framework-ljunggren-23jun10-en.pdf>

DNSSEC in Sweden: Five Years of Practical Experience (slides)
<http://www.gc-sec.org/Events/Documents/AnneMarie%20Amel-2010-06-Rome-DNSSEC-workshop.pdf>

Root DNSSEC docs
----------------

Root DNSSEC - documentation (many documents)
http://www.root-dnssec.org/documentation/

IANA DNSSEC Information
https://www.iana.org/dnssec/

Individual DPSs
---------------

DNSSEC Practice Statement for the Root Zone KSK Operator
https://www.iana.org/dnssec/icann-dps.txt

Verisign DNSSEC Practice Statements
(.net, .edu, Signing Services, root zone ZSK operator)
https://verisigninc.com/en_US/repository/index.xhtml

RIPE DNSSEC Policy and Practice Statement
http://www.ripe.net/rs/reverse/dnssec/dps.html

DNSSEC Practice Statement (DPS)  -- .se
http://www.iis.se/docs/se-dnssec-dps-eng.pdf

DNSSEC Practice Statement for the JP Zone (JP DPS)
https://jprs.jp/doc/dnssec/jp-dps-eng.html

---
end