Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue24] PSKC: Change type name DigestAlgorithm to MACAlgorithm

From: Mingliang Pei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:22:09 +0000

New submission from Mingliang Pei <[email-masked]>:

PSKC DigestAlgorithmType refers to a list of MAC algorithms. DSKPP is using 
word MACAlgorithm. It looks more consistent and precise to call the type name 
as MACAlgorithmType instead of "Digest"AlgorithmType. In general, we use 
terminology "DigestAlgorithm" to mean "MD2", "MD5" and "SHA1". PSKC is calling 
these as "HashAlgorithmType". We also propose to change these 
to "DigestAlgorithmType" while renaming "DigestAlgorithmType" 
to "MACAlgorithmType" in all involved context.

Notice that we may not need to make these XML type changes when we resolve the 
issue 5 by using URI instead of enumeration. Still we have minor change through 
the entire document for the element names that refer to these types.

Comments?

----------
assignedto: mpei
messages: 40
nosy: keyprov, mpei
priority: critical
status: in-progress
title: PSKC: Change type name DigestAlgorithm to MACAlgorithm

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue24>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov