Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue3] Consistent definition about IDs between Keyprov and PSKC: TokenID, DeviceID, and KeyID

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:34:08 +0000

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> added the comment:

A comment about the usage of Token ID vs. Device ID language throughout the 
document.

The KEYPROV protocol document should not focus too much on the token language 
but should rather generalize the concept of secret key provisioning. That's 
what we agreed todo initially. 

Hence, in some sense we are neither talking about device nor token. All you 
need is to identify a specific application usage with the symmetric key that is 
provisioned. When you download the key then you want to indicate what the key 
will be used for (key scope).

Does that make sense?

----------
nosy: +keyprov
status: in-progress -> chatting

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue3>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov