Subject: [KEYPROV] Issue#7: Shall we support an option for other response channel such as SMS?

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 15:53:23 +0200

For issue#7: http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue7 Ming wrote: 

Shall we support an option allowing the server to send secret container
response message back through another channel, say SMS?

The use case is that a user may use desktop to trigger a request with
proper authentication, and request the provisioned token data to be sent
to a mobile phone through SMS while the phone isn't able to talk with
provisioning server for some reason (e.g., SSL capability).

One option is to add such a negotiation element in ClientHello,
ServerHello and ServerFinished:

<xs:element name="SharedSecretDeliveryMethod"                  
type="SharedSecretDeliveryMethodType" minOccurs="0"/>

<simpleType name="SharedSecretDeliveryMethodType">
    <restriction base="string">
      <enumeration value="HTTP"/>
      <enumeration value="HTTPS"/>
      <enumeration value="SMS"/>
    </restriction>
  </simpleType>

Thoughts?

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov