Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue25] PSKC: shall we explicitly add an attribute in DataType to indicate whether an attribute is encrypted?

From: Mingliang Pei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:30:04 +0000

New submission from Mingliang Pei <[email-masked]>:

Current version of PSKC DataType relies on presence of ValueDigest to indicate 
whether the value part is encrypted. If a value isn't encrypted, for example, 
initial OTP counter value, the ValueDigest must not be present. Would it be 
better to use an optional attribute to indicate whether the Value element in 
the DataType is encrypted?

An attribute wasn't used for as much small size as possible consideration. Do 
we have a case where ValueDigest is useful to ensure that the content of the 
attribute isn't modified while its confidentiality isn't concerned? An 
attribute may be more friendly for schema check and implementation.

This isn't a high priority. Just track here for further consideration in future.

----------
assignedto: mpei
messages: 41
nosy: keyprov, mpei
priority: wish
status: need-eg
title: PSKC: shall we explicitly add an attribute in DataType to indicate whether an attribute is encrypted?

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue25>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov