Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue3] Consistent definition about IDs between Keyprov and PSKC: TokenID, DeviceID, and KeyID

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:37:28 +0000

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Identities: 

I think that the important aspect is actually to figure out what we use all 
these identities for and how they relate to each other in the context of a more 
generalized protocol. 

We might at least identify the following entities: 

(a) User

The entity that is authenticated and authorized by the server. This identity 
may or may not be carried in DSKPP itself. That identity can be provided in the 
TLS exchange itself, if used. 

(b) Key Type
 
You may identify the context the key is valid for.

(c) Key ID
 
Additionally , you might also want to identify a particular key since you might 
create more than one given (a) and (b).

(d) Device ID

The document outlines cases where it it is necessary to identify something like 
a Device ID that refers to some sort of container associated with the end user. 

We might want to draw an entity relationship diagram to show how they relate to 
each other (together with a description what they identify).

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue3>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov