Subject: [KEYPROV] Phone Conference, 14th June 2007

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:48:34 +0200

Hi all,

Ming and Andrea suggested that we schedule an additional phone 
conference on the 14th June 2007.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THERE ARE OBJECTIONS.

Here are the details:

WHEN?

14th June 2007
11:00 EDT = 17:00 CEST = 15:00 UTC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&month=6&day=14&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=215&p2=179

Duration: roughly 1 hour

LOGISTICS

Conference Dial-in Number: +1 (712) 580-0100
Participant Access Code: 281404#

WHAT?

We will go through the open issues listed at 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/index 

You can also find further details about this phone conference and 
subsequent phone conference here:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/KeyProv/KeyprovStatusUpdate

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:02:57 +0100

Not an objection, but its a concern that this list
is so quiet and yet multiple calls are happening
at quite short notice, and without any notes from
earlier calls having going out to the list. If
someone appeals or whatever later on, then you
may be on shakey ground.

But more to the point, I'm subscribed to this list
and have no real idea what's going on.

I don't have the level of interest that'd see me
spend an hour on the phone or poking about in a
tracker. I'd like to watch the WG's progress on
the list and be able to chime in if and when I
feel its useful/needed. At the moment it seems
like that won't be possible - will it?

S.

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:05:01 +0200

Hi Stephen,

thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Ming took notes at the phone conference yesterday and he will hopefully 
distribute them (after polishing).

> someone appeals or whatever later on, then you
Well, the announcement of the phone conferences was sent more than a 
month ago with the 14th as a potential date. We didn't make use of it so 
far.
Ming and Andrea have, however, identified a number of open issues where 
they solicits feedback from the group. They suggested to schedule 
another phone conference. Hence, I have sent the mail to the group.

He will also start a discussion of the individual issues on the list; so 
far they are only available in the issue tracker. I have started to post 
them to the mailing list, just in case people have not had chance to 
look at the issue list.

> and have no real idea what's going on.
You might want to look at my summary, see 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/KeyProv/KeyprovStatusUpdate. 
Ming and Andrea have distributed some thoughts about the plan to merge 
their two documents and instance documents. Unfortunately, there wasn't 
a lot of feedback.

It is true that we could have accomplished more in the past 2 months.

> like that won't be possible - will it?
Sure.

If everything progresses according to Ming and Andrea then they will 
post a strawman proposal ready next week. They would obviously 
appreciate input to the design.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: It would be great to see your feedback on some of the issues or on 
the strawman proposal of the draft.

---

From: "Doherty, Andrea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:43:28 -0400

Hannes,
Actually, we were requesting June 14 instead of (rather than in addition
to) June 21.
Andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Farrell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 9:03 AM
To: Hannes Tschofenig
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Phone Conference, 14th June 2007

S.

> 11:00 EDT = 17:00 CEST = 15:00 UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2007&mont
h=6&day=14&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=215&p2=179

---

From: "Doherty, Andrea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:47:41 -0400

KEYPROV Design Phone Conference:  June 7, 2007
Attendees:  
	Bob Griffin (liasion from IEEE P1619.3 group)
	Mingliang Pei
	Andrea Doherty
	Hannes Tschofenig

Discussion:

1. Sample messages and consolidated protocol schema (draft) were posted
to the mailing list 23 May 2007.  No feedback yet.  Draft protocol doc
will be distributed to mailing list on Monday 11 June.

2. Usage of PSKC within protocol:  The protocol schema will rely on the
PSKC namespace, esp. for secret container format.  However, the protocol
will not rely solely on the PSKC; rather, PSKC will be a default (and
recommended) choice for implementers.

3. Bob gave an update on work being done in IEEE P1619.3 (Key
Management) group and will post email to mailing list with latest
documents from P1619.3 on key management use cases and proposals.

4. Briefly discussed potential touchpoint between P1619.3 and KEYPROV as
being P11 integration to KEYPROV protocol.

5. Briefly discussed Authentication Data protection over HTTP

6. Mingliang will have Issue Tracker updated by end of day.

Next Meeting:

1. Discuss sample messages and consolidated schema

2. Discuss open issues from the Issue Tracker

3. Comments from review of protocol draft

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:26:11 +0100

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> ...I'd like to watch the WG's progress on

That's good to hear, and enough to keep me happy:-)

S.

---

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 19:34:50 +0200

I intentionally picked both dates since I was not quite sure whether this shift causes too much confusion. If we do not have enough topics to talk about on the 21st then we just finish after 30 
min